UXPin, UserTesting, and Optimal Workshop team up to demonstrate how to run 3 simple usability tests as part of your design process. As an example, they’ve taken on the exercise of redesigning Yelp based on insights from usability testing.
The free e-book User Testing & Design shows you how to decide and plan usability testing, analyze qualitative and quantitative data, and design and iterate accordingly.
The 91-page e-book includes:
- Advice from usability experts like Jakob Nielsen, Donna Spencer, Jeff Sauro, and others.
- Actionable tips for breaking down business objectives into design objectives.
- Usability testing examples showing how to recruit users, write tasks, and turn data into better design.
- Low and high fidelity screenshots of the new Yelp, with step-by-step explanations of the design decisions.
Check it out and feel free to share if it’s helpful. We’d love your feedback on the new Yelp design!
For advice and analysis on 20 different usability testing methods, check out The Guide to Usability Testing.
You might also like our collection of 50 Free Book for Web Designers.
- Free Ebook: Web UI Design for the Human Eye (Colors, Space, Contrast)
- Free Ebook: Interaction Design Best Practices (Time & Behavior)
- Free Ebook: Interaction Design Best Practices (Words, Visuals, Space)
- Free Ebook: The Guide to Mockups
- Free Ebook: Guide to Usability Testing
- Free Ebook: The Guide to UX Design Process & Documentation
- Free Ebook: The Guide to Minimum Viable Products
- Free Ebook: Web UI Design Patterns 2014