Because vision is the dominant human sense, your site must provide value and meaning as clearly and quickly as possible. In fact, studies have shown that users know within 5 seconds whether or not they will leave your site.
This free e-book by UXPin explores how to create the most powerful first impressions through meaningful visual and interaction design. The book covers topics including UX design, UI design, optical illusions, and human psychology.
The 5 chapters include:
- Straightforward explanations of how to apply Gestalt principles, balance similarity with contrast, create meaning with space, and strike the right emotions with color.
- Instructions for how to quickly test your website’s visual hierarchy.
- A teach-by-example approach that analyzes designs from 33 companies including Medium, Etsy, Tumblr, Facebook, Intercom, and Bose.
- Easy-to-read writing style that prioritizes practicality over pure theory
For a nice companion piece, check out Interaction Design Best Practices: Mastering the Tangibles .
Check out the ebook, and feel free to share with anyone who might find it helpful.
You might also like our collection of 50 Free Book for Web Designers.
- Free Ebook: Interaction Design Best Practices (Time & Behavior)
- Free Ebook: Interaction Design Best Practices (Words, Visuals, Space)
- Free Ebook: The Guide to Mockups
- Free Ebook: User Testing & Design – Improving Yelp’s Website
- Free Ebook: Guide to Usability Testing
- Free Ebook: The Guide to UX Design Process & Documentation
- Free Ebook: The Guide to Minimum Viable Products
- Free Ebook: Web UI Design Patterns 2014