Back in November last year, John O’Nolan came up with a rather revolutionary concept of Ghost — a blogging tool inspired by WordPress. The logic behind this project was that WordPress is evolving more as a CMS and less as a blog publishing platform and as such, Ghost attempted to fill the need for a blogging tool.
Almost a year later, the first public release of Ghost has been announced. Plus, Ghost has also started accepting open signups and forum access.
Right now, you can either download Ghost and test run it all by yourself, or you can make use of automated Ghost installers, such as those provided by Bitnami, Rackspace and Digital Ocean. Among other things, Envato have also announced a $5000 competition for Ghost theme submissions.
A hosted solution for Ghost is also in the making, but is currently available only to beta testers.
If you have been looking for a simple blogging platform, Ghost might be of use for you! Go ahead and give it a spin.
- The 10 Best Free Magazine & News WordPress Themes
- 10 Free Personal Blog & Magazine Layout PSD Web Templates
- The 23 Best Free Personal Blog Themes for WordPress
- The Key Elements to Look for in a WordPress Blogging Theme
- 20 Inspiring and Creative Personal Blog Web Designs
- Current Design Trends for Blogs and Online Magazines
- Google Web Fundamentals: An Essential Handbook For Designers and Developers
- Australis: The New Look for Firefox