Ever since the rise of Chrome and Firefox, Microsoft has been trying hard to win some lost ground for Internet Explorer. However, end users apart, developers have despised IE for many years, and MS is working very hard to restore lost faith. The latest version of the browser is a step in the right direction direction, and so is their latest innovation: Modern.IE.
Modern.IE is, simply put, a dev center where you can find tools and resources to help check and solve compatibility issue with older versions of Internet Explorer. Yes, Microsoft is aware of the troubles that developers go through when trying to satiate IE’s compatibility issues, and has been trying to take steps to rectify the situation — this is a case in point.
Still in BETA, Modern.IE lets you develop without worrying about older versions of IE — you can simply focus on the task at hand, and let Modern.IE’s code detection mechanism take care of the compatibility issues.
It is also worth noting that Modern.IE is offering three-months of free access to BrowserStack, a leading virtual browser testing site that lets you test your website on multiple browsers. modern.IE also includes add-ins for Chrome or Firefox, which give you single click access to the BrowserStack virtual testing service right from your browser of choice.
Visit Modern.IE →
What do you think of Modern.IE from Microsoft?
- Google Web Fundamentals: An Essential Handbook For Designers and Developers
- Australis: The New Look for Firefox
- Workwankers – Calling-out some of the unlikeable characters in design
- Ghost, the blogging tool inspired by WordPress, is now available
- ManageWP.org — Share, Explore and Vote on Everything WordPress
- Google Web Designer: Bringing Ideas To Life, Using HTML5
- phpMyAdmin Turns 15 Years Old This Week!
- Bootstrap Version 3 Has Been Released!