Despite everything that could go wrong with embedded video, if a picture is worth a thousand words, video is worth a thousand pictures.
There are many web pages where video does go right. But rarely does it have the impact it can gain through flawless integration with the other elements, as part of a page’s background. When done right, video as a background can be downright jaw dropping. To illustrate our point, take a look at these examples.
Battle of the Cheetos
I Surf Because
Sick City Club
The Meta Project
- Using ‘Spotty’ Backgrounds in Web Design to Grab Attention
- 50 Examples of Large Image Backgrounds in Web Design
- Out of the Way: Corner Navigation in Web Design
- How Close-Up Portraits Bring Humanity to Web Design
- 8 Fantastic Examples of Isometric Illustrations in Web Design
- The Tiny Short Animation Trend in Web Design
- Add Cool Effects with CSS Blend Mode
- The Design Trend of Utilizing Monochrome Colors in Hero Areas