Even though it has lost considerable market share to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox is still the preferred and favored web browser for a good number of internet users. And in the light of stiff competition from Chrome, Firefox has recently been trying hard to come up with something new in an attempt to bridge its lost market share.
And speaking of something new from Firefox, behold Australis, the newest and most gorgeous iteration of the Firefox user interface yet.
Screenshot of Australis
In easy terms, Australis is being hailed as a modern and clean visual design iteration for the Firefox web browser. Apart from simplifying and streamlining the default Firefox UI, Australis will also include easier ways to customize your web browser. As Mozilla is describing it, ‘it’s the most beautiful and detail-obsessed iteration of Firefox’s visual design yet: modern, clean, and comfortable’.
Here’s a two minute overview and walkthrough of Australis:
While it is not yet fully ready and needs a good deal of polishing, you can play around with the Australis interactive demo here.
- Firefox 22: Less Plugins, More Features!
- Firefox 16: HTML5 Awesomeness And Love For Developers
- Are the doors closing on technological innovation and collaboration?
- Speed, Consistency, Harmony, Creativity & Certainty with The Golden Grid
- The Biggest Designer Debates
- The Grumpy Designer’s Advice for Avoiding Painful Tasks
- Top 15 Tools and Resources for Web Designers and Agencies Sponsored
- Getting Answers to Your Web Development Questions