Of course, you will remember them; they were that horrible, poorly designed navigation icons you seen everywhere on the internet. That was the days when graphic design and web design were so far apart that every site you turned to looked ugly, and they were made worse by those little blinking, vividly colored images that were trying to point you in the right direction. Of course, I used them as well, who didn’t?
I wouldn’t call this a showcase, maybe a line-up. Have a look at these gifs from a now, thankfully, bygone era.
Internet Explorer and Netscape Animated GIFs my favourites
Homepage Animated GIFs
Email or Contact Animated GIFs
Download Animated GIFs
Statistics Animated GIFs
Under Construction Animated GIFs
Seperator / Lines / Breaks Animated GIFs
Arrows Animated GIFs
Animated Text GIFs
Next Week: Elements of UGLY Web Design: 2. Inline Frames.
- How to Create a Vertical Slide-Out Menu with CSS Transitions
- How to Create a Full Width Responsive Tiled Menu with CSS
- Website Navigation Trends for Various Layouts
- How to Design Functional Sub-Navigation Menus
- Navigation Accessibility Tips
- 22 Adobe Flash Menu and Navigation Tutorials
- 30 Simple Responsive Navigation Solutions & Tutorials
- Simple WordPress Snippets to Enhance Your Secondary Navigation