HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a popular photographic technique used to enhance the contrast and dynamic range of images. However, achieving this effect requires multiple exposures and specialized equipment. Thankfully, Photoshop actions can help you to achieve this effect quickly and easily, even if you lack the necessary equipment.
They are pre-recorded sets of adjustments that can be applied to your photos with just a few clicks. These actions use advanced algorithms to enhance your images’ contrast, color saturation, and tonal range, resulting in a more dynamic and eye-catching look.
Whether a professional photographer or a hobbyist, HDR Photoshop actions can be a handy tool in your post-processing workflow. With just a couple of clicks, you can add a professional touch to your photos and make them stand out from the crowd.
You might also like our free collection of HDR Lightroom presets.
- 3D Photoshop Actions
- Art Effects Photoshop Actions
- B&W Photoshop Actions
- Bokeh Effect Photoshop Actions
- Dispersion Effect Photoshop Actions
- Duotone Effect Photoshop Actions
- Cinema Effect Photoshop Actions
- Comic Effect Photoshop Actions
- Double Exposure Photoshop Actions
- Glitch Effect Photoshop Actions
- Light Leak Effect Photoshop Actions
- Sketch Effect Photoshop Actions
- Text Effect Photoshop Actions
- Vintage Effect Photoshop Actions
Free Photoshop Action Collections
HDR Stock Photoshop Actions
First in our collection is the HDR Stock Photoshop Actions. This set consists of 18 Photoshop actions that work to mimic the look of bracketed photos without needing more than one image. You can adjust each layer individually, and it’s non-destructive to boot. Win-win!
Sharp HDR Photoshop Actions
Another option on our list is the Sharp HDR Photoshop Actions set. To use it, just open a photo and play the action. It doesn’t get much easier. You can edit the individual layers, place them in groups, and all of your work is non-destructive. This is a great way to quickly add depth to your images.
Pro HDR Collection Photoshop Action
The Pro HDR Collection Photoshop Action consists of a set of Lightroom presets that make it easy to add depth of field to your photos. The details are sharp, the results are compelling, and you can accomplish this effect with just one click. The collection comes with 11 template files, 11 DNG files, ReadMe files, and more.
HDR Studio Vol.1 Photoshop Presets
Here’s another option you may wish to consider. It’s a set of 20 HDR presets for Photoshop that adds HDR effects to your images with one click. Adjust your images’ lighting, depth, and shadow without needing fancy HDR camera equipment. It comes with textures, colors, and a high dynamic range, and the resulting pictures are evidence of that.
HDR PRO Photoshop Action
Another good option is the HDR PRO Photoshop Action. This action makes it easy to sharpen your images and add significant depth. It works with a couple of clicks, includes a ReadMe file for easy, on-hand instructions, and has well-organized layers for easier (and more intuitive) editing.
HDR Studio Vol.2 Photoshop Presets
Still, another option is the HDR Studio Vol. 2 Photoshop Presets. This one comes with 20 different presets that aim to streamline your workflow. With these presets, you can change luminosity and contrast in your images, and it also comes with numerous textures and full instructions.
Light & Seasonal Photoshop Actions
The FilterGrade Light & Seasonal Series is another collection you should check out. It offers light effects and actions to mirror the seasons. Each works to boost color, and contrast, in a variety of ways. This set comes with 20 effects, a light equalizer, toner effects, and help files for quick startup.
Professional HDR Photoshop Actions
The Professional HDR Photoshop Action is a set of four actions that give depth, contrast, and color to your images. With one click, you can turn a single image into one that appears as though it was taken with an HDR camera. Also, it works in Photoshop Elements.
HDR Pro Photoshop Actions
This action set makes it super easy to create HDR and DRI images. Each image is fully editable, and the result looks incredibly realistic. This set comes with snapshot prerendering, editable layers, HDR tone mapping, and ten different color effects.
18 HDR Photoshop Actions
This set of 18 HDR Effect Photoshop Action is another solid choice. It allows you to create professional-looking edits with just a few clicks. Besides the 18 actions, it also comes with JPEG and RAW files as well as detailed instructions that take the guesswork out of their use.
How to Install Photoshop Actions
- Download and unzip the action file
- Launch Photoshop
- Go to
Window > Actions
Load Actionsfrom the menu and go to the folder where you saved the unzipped action file to select it
- The Action will now be installed
- To use the newly installed action, locate it in the
- Click the triangle to the left of the action name to see the list of available actions
- Click the action you want to play and press the play button at the bottom of the
We hope that this set of HDR effect Photoshop actions will serve you well. Instead of having to spend hours fine-tuning the details of your photos to replicate HDR effects, these actions eliminate the guesswork and enable you to achieve the same result, fast.
- The 10 Best Photoshop Action Sets for Creating the Bokeh Effect
- The 15 Best Light Leak Effect Photoshop Action Sets
- The 20 Best Photoshop Action for Glitch Effects
- The 12 Best Double Exposure Effect Photoshop Action Sets
- The 50+ Best Free Photoshop Actions for 2023
- The 20 Best Photoshop Actions for Creating Stunning Dispersion Effects
- 15 Photoshop Action Sets for Creating Cinema & Movie Effects
- 20 Incredible Photoshop Actions for Sketching Effects
- The 12 Best Photoshop Actions for Creating 3D Effects
- The 12 Best Photoshop Actions for Black & White Photo Effects