Often, an HDR effect is a desired look for professional photographs. But what if you lack the equipment to achieve this? That’s where Photoshop actions come in. With just a few clicks, you can add an HDR effect to your photos and give them incredible depth.
We’ve compiled a great selection of HDR effect Photoshop actions that produce stunning results and save you a ton of time.
- 3D Effect Photoshop Actions
- Art Effect Photoshop Actions
- Black & White Photoshop Actions
- Bokeh Effect Photoshop Actions
- Cartoon Effect Photoshop Actions
- Cinema Effect Photoshop Actions
- Dispersion Effect Photoshop Actions
- Double Exposure Effect Photoshop Actions
- Glitch Effect Photoshop Actions
- Light Leak Effect Photoshop Actions
- Retro Effect Photoshop Actions
- Sketch Effect Photoshop Actions
- Text Effect Photoshop Actions
Free Photoshop Actions
First on our list is the HDR Stock Photoshop Actions. This set consists of 18 Photoshop actions that work to mimic the look of bracketed photos without needing more than one image. You can adjust each layer individually, and it’s non-destructive to boot. Win-win!
Another option on our list is the Sharp HDR Photoshop Actions set. To use it, just open a photo and play the action. It doesn’t get much easier. You can edit the individual layers, place them in groups, and all of your work is non-destructive. This is a great way to quickly add depth to your images.
The Pro HDR Collection Photoshop Action consists of a set of Lightroom presets that make it easy to add depth of field to your photos. The details are sharp, the results are compelling, and you can accomplish this effect with just one click. The collection comes with 11 template files, 11 DNG files, ReadMe files, and more.
Here’s another option you may wish to consider. It’s a set of 20 HDR presets for Photoshop that adds HDR effects to your images with one click. Adjust your images’ lighting, depth, and shadow without needing fancy HDR camera equipment. It comes with textures, colors, and a high dynamic range, and the resulting pictures are evidence of that.
Another good option is the HDR PRO Photoshop Action. This action makes it easy to sharpen your images and add significant depth. It works with a couple of clicks, includes a ReadMe file for easy, on-hand instructions, and has well-organized layers for easier (and more intuitive) editing.
Still, another option is the HDR Studio Vol. 2 Photoshop Presets. This one comes with 20 different presets that aim to streamline your workflow. With these presets, you can change luminosity and contrast in your images, and it also comes with numerous textures and full instructions.
The FilterGrade Light & Seasonal Series is another collection you should check out. It offers light effects and actions to mirror the seasons. Each works to boost color, and contrast, in a variety of ways. This set comes with 20 effects, a light equalizer, toner effects, and help files for quick startup.
The Professional HDR Photoshop Action is a set of four actions that give depth, contrast, and color to your images. With one click, you can turn a single image into one that appears as though it was taken with an HDR camera. Also, it works in Photoshop Elements.
This action set makes it super easy to create HDR and DRI images. Each image is fully editable, and the result looks incredibly realistic. This set comes with snapshot prerendering, editable layers, HDR tone mapping, and ten different color effects.
This set of 18 HDR Effect Photoshop Action is another solid choice. It allows you to create professional-looking edits with just a few clicks. Besides the 18 actions, it also comes with JPEG and RAW files as well as detailed instructions that take the guesswork out of their use.
How to Install Photoshop Actions
- Download and unzip the action file
- Launch Photoshop
- Go to
Window > Actions
Load Actionsfrom the menu and go to the folder where you saved the unzipped action file to select it
- The Action will now be installed
- To use the newly installed action, locate it in the
- Click the triangle to the left of the action name to see the list of available actions
- Click the action you want to play and press the play button at the bottom of the
We hope that this set of HDR effect Photoshop actions will serve you well.
Instead of having to spend hours fine-tuning the details of your photos to replicate HDR effects, these actions eliminate the guesswork and enable you to achieve the same result, fast.
- 15 Photoshop Action Sets for Creating Cinema & Movie Effects
- The 20 Best Photoshop Actions for Creating Retro & Vintage Effects
- 10 Photoshop Actions for Creating Stunning Comic & Cartoon Effects
- The 12 Best Photoshop Actions for Creating 3D Effects
- The 10 Best Photoshop Action Sets for Creating the Bokeh Effect
- The 25 Best Photoshop Actions for Creating Stunning Art Effects
- The 20 Best Glitch Effect Photoshop Action Sets
- 50 Free Time-Saving Photoshop Actions for 2022
- The 12 Best Photoshop Actions for Creating the Duotone Effect
- The 15 Best Light Leak Effect Photoshop Action Sets