A newly launched site has dubbed the upcoming EU Cookie Law “ridiculous,” echoing the sentiments of a growing number of voices across the internet. As these protests grow louder, No Cookie Law aims to raise awareness of the EU cookie law and hopefully increase the chance of changes being made.
No Cookie Law is the brainchild of the rising advocate Silktide who had previously brought us a video summarizing the law in under three minutes, and has a newer (albeit slightly longer) video on the No Cookie Law site. Here it is:
As a UK-based site, Speckyboy stands firmly in support of these efforts. As regulations grow while the government continues to intrude into the information economy, the importance of awareness shouldn’t be denied. If you support this campaign, please do take some time to sign Silktide’s petition.
- Australis: The New Look for Firefox
- Workwankers – Calling-out some of the unlikeable characters in design
- Ghost, the blogging tool inspired by WordPress, is now available
- ManageWP.org — Share, Explore and Vote on Everything WordPress
- Google Web Designer: Bringing Ideas To Life, Using HTML5
- phpMyAdmin Turns 15 Years Old This Week!
- Bootstrap Version 3 Has Been Released!
- Firefox 22: Less Plugins, More Features!
- The Inevitable But Annoying Rise of Bing
- Foundation 4 has just been released – Now taking a ‘Mobile First’ approach