Named “Parker” in memory of Jazz saxophonist Charles Parker, WordPress 3.8 has been released.
This new version of WordPress brings many interesting features to the table, such as the redesigned admin interface and new admin color schemes (eight of them in total). The admin interface is now responsive, and sports Open Sans as the new font.
Beyond that, the Theme Management section has also been revamped, and it now shows bigger thumbnails and screenshots, to help you preview themes easily. Widget management too has been improved, and eight Dashboard widgets have been cut down to just four.
WordPress 3.8 also comes with a new flagship theme, Twenty Fourteen, which comes with a magazine style design including a grid and homepage slider.
However, this new release was not without its share of drama. Matt Mullenweg seemed not very happy with the efforts of the Accessibility team after it was learned that keyboard navigation did not work as expected in the Theme Management section.
That said, WP 3.8 has been released just two months after version 3.7, which shows progress towards a rapid development cycle for WordPress. In that case, WP 3.9 too might be out sooner than expected!
Have you updated to WP 3.8 yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Share them with us using the comments below!
- 10 Free Syntax Highlighter WordPress Plugins
- 10 Free Plugins for Taming the WordPress Media Library
- 10 WordPress Plugins for Email & Newsletter Marketing
- The 10 Best Free One-Page Themes for WordPress
- Predicting the Next Opportunities for WordPress Innovation
- 8 Best WordPress Plugins for Providing Customer Support
- 10 Free Plugins to Supercharge WordPress Comments
- The 10 Best Free Magazine & News WordPress Themes
- 10 Free WordPress Block Themes That Utilize Full Site Editing
- How to Effectively Organize Content within WordPress