Designing a logo has always come with its own set of challenges. The constraints are fairly daunting – good logo design needs to be instantly recognizable, visible even when shrunk down to a small size and ideally, it needs to use a tone and style that helps to convey the brand’s personality.
Monograms – a design that usually comprises initials – is a variant of a logo that tends to suit individuals a bit better, although there are occasions where it could be used by a brand instead.
Logo monograms tend to focus much more on personality than typical logos, and they often fall somewhere between a logo and a signature. Popular amongst freelance designers, they’re a great way of representing your brand and showing off your artistic side, while keeping your own personality an integral part of your visual identity.
I wanted to collect some examples of my favorite monogram logo designs – some of these are the current brand identities of designers while others have been created for practice or are for fictional brands. In either case, I’m a huge fan of the overall style of each one – and it’s clear that a lot of care and effort has gone into them. If you know of any other examples that you’re particularly fond of – or if you’ve designed your own that you’d like to share – I’d love to hear about them in the comments.
Which of these designs do you like best? Have you come across any elegant, beautifully designed and interesting monograms that you’d like to share? I’d love to hear what you’ve got to say in the comments.
- 50 Simplistic & Minimal Fashion Label Logo Designs
- 40 Examples of Clever Typography in Logo Design
- 25 Creative Examples of Symmetry in Logo Design
- 25 Creative & Inspiring Examples of Flat Logo Design
- 50 Simple, Yet Highly Effective Logo Designs
- 30 Creative Logo Design Examples Featuring Animals
- 30 Creative Examples of Golf & Sport Logos for Inspiration
- 30 Fantastic Restaurant Logo Designs for Inspiration