Not only did Ghost launch a few years ago, it launched big, really big. Over the last few years, no other CMS has received such universal acclaim and generated such excitement. Not since WordPress anyway.
What does make Ghost great? And why is it such a great alternative to other CMSs? That is easy. It is purely the simplicity it offers.
All of the free themes we have for you below embody everything that Ghost represents – a simple platform that puts all of the focus onto your great content. The themes are lightweight, minimal, have beautiful typography, and are a solid foundation for creating your own theme.
As well as styled themes, at the bottom of the collection, we have also included a selection of blank themes to help make things easier for you guys to get started creating your own Ghost themes.
Liebling Ghost Theme By Eduardo Gómez
Liebling is a free, beautiful theme for Ghost that also features a dark mode.
Mention Ghost Theme By Vanila Web Studio
Mention is a clean, minimalistic and free theme for Ghost.
Vapor By Seth Lilly
Vapor is a minimal and responsive Ghost blogging theme with a strong focus on typography. Fonts have been embedded via Google Fonts, including Roboto Slab, Merriweather, and Open Sans Condensed.
GhostScroll By Yonatan Wolowelsky
GhostScroll is a lightweight Ghost theme specially for those people who want to create quick and simple one-page websites for personal or promotional uses.
Readium By Sven Read
Readium, built with LESS, has been been designed to bring you the readability and user experience of Medium.com by including much of the text formatting features that Medium offers.
Ghost Theme By Adam Cooke
Phantom Ghost Theme By Designing Sean
Ghostwriter By Rory G.
Ghostwriter is a simple AJAX driven theme for Ghost.
Ghostless By Stefan Leonte
Ghostless is a port from the WordPress theme Less to Ghost, but with a personal spin from Stefan.
Solar By Matt Harzewski
Solar is based on the Solarized color palette. It includes stylesheets for the default light-on-dark version, and for the alternate dark-on-light one.
Ghost Theme Based on UiKIT
Albireo By Marco Santonocito
SŁIMPØST By Dmitriy S.
Magnum By Durgesh Priyaranjan
Blank & Starter Themes for Ghost
- Ghost Blank from Daniel Riemer →
This theme contains all of the necessary files for your own theme design including templates for homepage and posts and a CSS file with custom reset and some basic styling.
- Phantom Yeti – Starter Theme Built on Foundation →
- Boostrap Ghost Theme from Matt Lambert →
This is starter Ghost theme with Twitter Bootstrap integration. Bootstrap 3 has been included, and all the components, styles, etc… are available for use.
- Pure CSS from Yahoo! A Minimal & Lightweight Set of CSS Modules
- The Beauty of Minimalist Design
- Better Responsive Design With CSS clamp()
- 5 Common Tasks That ChatGPT Can Perform for Web Developers
- Why Is Microsoft Edge Adding Its Own UI to Websites?
- The 20+ Best Free Minimal Themes for WordPress
- How to Help Your Clients Master eCommerce
- Why the Grumpy Designer Isn’t Sold on the AI Hype Machine
- Advice for Beginners That Are Starting in Web Design
- Tips for Graphic Designers Who Want to Build Websites