Geometric shapes are widely used as design and framing elements, navigation components or as a way of drawing users’ attention to certain parts of a website. The most popular geometric elements in web design are obviously rectangles and circles. But what about using other geometric figures? Triangles, trapeziums, rhombuses or even hexagons?
In this showcase we will show you that not only simple shapes and figures can be used for designing a website effectively, but as you will find below, a number of sites that use unusual and complex shapes as a way of enhancing their web design.
- Out of the Way: Corner Navigation in Web Design
- How Close-Up Portraits Bring Humanity to Web Design
- 8 Fantastic Examples of Isometric Illustrations in Web Design
- Using ‘Spotty’ Backgrounds in Web Design to Grab Attention
- The Tiny Short Animation Trend in Web Design
- Add Cool Effects with CSS Blend Mode
- The Design Trend of Utilizing Monochrome Colors in Hero Areas
- Adding Warmth and Personality to Websites with Human Illustrations