When it comes to Photoshop, there is no shortage of free, high quality resources. Brushes, patterns and actions are some of the most popular resources for Photoshop and there are countless posts online that showcase a variety of these resources.
However, patterns, actions and brushes are not the only resources that are available for Photoshop. There are also custom shapes.
Although not as popular as brushes, custom shapes definitely deserve a spot among must-have resources in your design library. The benefit of using custom shapes is that you can scale them to large sizes without the loss of quality. On top of that, custom shapes allow you to edit their color or even their layer style. This makes them more versatile than brushes.
You can also easily create your own custom shapes and save them for later use. However, creating custom shapes from scratch is time-consuming, especially when you have a design deadline looming. That’s when using premade custom shapes for Photoshop comes into play.
We’ve rounded up the best free custom shapes for Photoshop. You’ll find custom shapes for silhouettes, martial arts, flowers, and more. The best part? They won’t cost you a dime and you’re free to use them in all your design projects.
So without further ado, check out the custom shapes below and get ready to upgrade your design library with some quality resources.
The Photoshop Toolbox
Unlimited Downloads: 500,000+ Actions, Brushes, Mockups, Web Templates & Much More!
How to Import Custom Patterns into Photoshop
Photoshop patterns make it easy to add depth and texture to your designs. Thankfully, there is no shortage of great Photoshop patterns available online. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to import patterns into Photoshop.
- Download and unzip the Photoshop pattern you want to use
- Launch Photoshop and go to Edit > Presets > Export/Import Presets
- Locate the folder with your Photoshop pattern and click Open
- Double-click the file pattern you wish to import and then press the Import Presets
- Once the process is finished, your patterns will be ready to use
- Top 100 Tutorials for Mastering Photoshop
- 40 Fantastic Photo Effect Tutorials with Photoshop
- The 35 Best Poster Design Tutorials for Adobe Photoshop
- 20 Beautiful & Free Resume Templates for Designers
- 25 Best Free Photoshop Plugins for Photographers
- 30 Free Photoshop Plugins for UI Designers
- 20 Free Branding & Corporate Identity Mockup Templates
- 10 Free Instagram Story Templates