Ever since the inception of photography itself, still life photography has been popular. And with the advancement of modern-day cameras, you can now have greater control over lighting, mood, and the composition of your photographs, thereby allowing us to shoot amazing still-life photography masterpieces.
Still-life photography as a form of art takes a great deal of learning and experience. You need to master the art of carefully selecting objects, lighting, and dozens of other variants.
However, due to the inanimate nature of the objects, you have plenty of time to get the perfect light and create the most aesthetically pleasing composition. Still life photography does require patience, but it’s a wonderful way to master light and composition, and best of all, it doesn’t require tons of expensive equipment.
Keep in mind that when it comes to your subject, your background will play a crucial role. You can use the natural background that the subject is already on, or you can help yourself by using paper, cardboard, or fabric you have lying around. Keep the background simple, so it doesn’t distract from the subject of your photo.
You will also want to make use of natural light or make your own softbox to improve your lighting conditions. After that, it’s only a matter of playing with the subject arrangement to create an interesting scene.
Technical terminology aside, we have put together a stunning collection of still-life photography examples for your photography inspiration. Enjoy!
The Weight of the Sin
Citrus Still Life
- 20 Stunning Logo Templates for Photographers
- 20 Stunning Examples of Food Photography & Tips for Effective Shooting
- 30 Beautiful Examples of Infrared Photography
- 30 Stunning Examples of Wildlife Photography
- The 10 Best Newsletters for Photographers
- 20 Fine Examples of Backlit Photography
- Stunning Examples of Fantasy Photography
- 50 Wonderful Black & White Photos with Partial Color Effects
- 25 Beautiful Examples of Bokeh Photography
- 40 Stunning Examples of Tilt-Shift Photography