Symmetry is the fundamental part of nature and it makes everything more pleasant to look at. As such, it’s no wonder that symmetrical logos are extremely popular. Not only are symmetrical logos more pleasant to look at, but they are also easier to design when you think about the basic design principles.
A great example of a logo using symmetry is McDonalds with its golden arches. When symmetry is used in logo design, it’s a powerful way of shaping the image and perception that the target audience will have of the brand in question.
Put simply, a symmetrical logo is a logo in which the left side is identical with the right one. However, there are different levels of symmetry used in logo design in order to communicate certain ideas and meanings. For example, Target and British Petroleum both use rotational symmetry in their logo.
Symmetrical logos are often associated with balance, craftsmanship, and engineering so it’s no wonder that car companies such as Volkswagen or Honda rely on symmetry in their logo to emphasize these messages in their marketing.
Interestingly enough, you can also use asymmetrical design to achieve logo symmetry. The best example of this is the new Nintendo Switch logo which doesn’t use symmetry at all. This goes to show that while symmetry matters, there’s more to good logo design than symmetry.
In this roundup, we’ll take a look at some of the best symmetrical logo design samples from across the web. Use them as an inspiration to create your own symmetrical logo.
Jaguar Pale Ale
- 40 Examples of Clever Typography in Logo Design
- 50 Simplistic & Minimal Fashion Label Logo Designs
- 25 Elegant Examples of Monograms in Logo Design
- 25 Creative & Inspiring Examples of Flat Logo Design
- 50 Simple, Yet Highly Effective Logo Designs
- 30 Creative Logo Design Examples Featuring Animals
- 30 Creative Examples of Golf & Sport Logos for Inspiration
- 30 Fantastic Restaurant Logo Designs for Inspiration