Perfect symmetry means having two sides of an item that when folded together will form half of a single object or shape, meeting perfectly together in the centre. In web design, perfect symmetry is rare. Most websites will have their logo in the top left of the screen, navigation bar at the top, sidebar to the right and the main content area to the left of the page. However, when you do use symmetry you can create a balance and harmony between the elements on the page which, in the correct designer’s hands, can create a truly remarkable and unique layout.
Of course, Symmetry in web design can at times be seen as dull, even boring, but this gallery aims to show you that whatever your objectives, symmetry can be used to great effect and produce some fantastic designs.
- 50 Clean & Modern eCommerce Sites for Web Design Inspiration
- 20 Sport Websites for Web Design Inspiration
- 25 Beautiful Examples of Clean Web Design for Inspiration
- 25 Photographer Portfolio Websites for Web Design Inspiration
- 50 Beautiful Examples of Minimalism in Modern Web Design
- 50 Inspirational & Creative Personal Portfolio Websites
- 12 Stunning Examples of Text Distortion Effects in Web Design
- How Ultra-Thin Lines in Web Design Can Create an Impact