Perfect symmetry means having two sides of an item that when folded together will form half of a single object or shape, meeting perfectly together in the centre. In web design, perfect symmetry is rare. Most websites will have their logo in the top left of the screen, navigation bar at the top, sidebar to the right and the main content area to the left of the page. However, when you do use symmetry you can create a balance and harmony between the elements on the page which, in the correct designer’s hands, can create a truly remarkable and unique layout.
Of course, Symmetry in web design can at times be seen as dull, even boring, but this gallery aims to show you that whatever your objectives, symmetry can be used to great effect and produce some fantastic designs.
The Complete Toolbox for Web Designers
Unlimited Downloads: 500,000+ Web Templates, Themes, Plugins & Design Assets
- Adding Warmth and Personality to Websites with Human Illustrations
- Harnessing Liquid Effects in Web Design
- 12 Stunning Retro Neon Effects in Web Design
- Boom! Examining Explosions in Web Design
- 8 Stunning Examples of the X-Ray Effect in Web Design
- Beautifully Designed Examples of Asymmetrical Split Screens in Web Design
- Large Cursors: Pointing the Way Towards a Better Web
- The Design Trend of Using Triangles in Web Design