If you’re looking to work on black and white photos, it’s a good idea to have a solid set of Photoshop actions on hand. These help to streamline your efforts and effectively act as timesavers. This is especially important if you have a lot of images you need to edit.
If you’re stumped as to how to locate quality photoshop actions for black and white photos, we’ve put together a good list here of options. All of the actions included here are high-quality, well-reviewed, and generally easy to use for any project.
- 3D Effect Photoshop Actions
- Art Effect Photoshop Actions
- Bokeh Effect Photoshop Actions
- Cartoon Effect Photoshop Actions
- Cinema Effect Photoshop Actions
- Dispersion Effect Photoshop Actions
- Double Exposure Effect Photoshop Actions
- Glitch Effect Photoshop Actions
- HDR Effect Photoshop Actions
- Light Leak Effect Photoshop Actions
- Retro Effect Photoshop Actions
- Sketch Effect Photoshop Actions
- Text Effect Photoshop Actions
Free Photoshop Actions:
This set of black and white Photoshop actions includes 15 different actions that make it easy to turn any photo into a monochrome work of art. These actions offer one-click enhancements for contrast and saturation, allow for adjustments to grain, and you have the option to use all of these actions at once.
Another option you might want to consider is this set of Monochromatic Photoshop Presets. This set of actions allows you to adjust shape, form, tonal contrast, and texture with ease. This set includes 20 Photoshop actions that can be used for all types of black and white photos, including matte, high contrast, low contrast, aged effects, and more.
The Carbonium set of Photoshop actions includes 16 different actions that allow you to customize a wide range of black and white photos, from vintage to modern. These effects are non-destructive as well, leaving your original images intact.
Give your photos an undeniably moody look with this set of Film Noir Photoshop actions. They’re ideal for portraits, fine art shots, and candid photography as they add an analog quality to digital photography.
Here’s another fantastic set of black and white PS actions. This set is called the B&W Elegance Action set and allows you to attain professional-looking results without destroying your original image. The end results are stark, high-contrast, and impactful.
This set of black and white Photoshop actions consists of 31 different actions that help you attain the perfect b&w photo, regardless of the original lighting, contrast, etc.
This collection of black and white Photoshop actions includes 27 separate actions that make it possible to enhance your photos in record time. They’re designed to give your photos an analog look and can be used in conjunction to create unique results.
The Selective Color Photoshop action is a bit different from the others on this list. It allows you to turn your photos black and white while preserving a select area’s color. This is perfect for adding more drama and interest to your black and white photos.
The Silver B&W Film Emulation Photoshop action set contains 28 different actions, 15 contrast effects, and eight film grains for turning your photos black and white and also giving your images the real grain, texture, and depth of traditional film.
The Monochromatic Vol. 2 PS action set 20 monochromatic presets. These actions help to amplify lighting, contrast, texture, and tone in your photographs with just one click.
The Charcoal Effect Photoshop Action provides a filtered, vintage look when added to your photos. It adds a charcoal-tone black to images, and you can increase blurriness or aging with three additional actions.
The last option on our list is the Sepia Collection Lightroom Presets pack. It includes 15 actions that allow you to add a sepia tone to your photos for a vintage or dramatic effect. Best of all, these actions don’t destroy your original images.
How to Install Photoshop Actions
- Download and unzip the action file
- Launch Photoshop
- Go to
Window > Actions
Load Actionsfrom the menu and go to the folder where you saved the unzipped action file to select it
- The Action will now be installed
- To use the newly installed action, locate it in the
- Click the triangle to the left of the action name to see the list of available actions
- Click the action you want to play and press the play button at the bottom of the
Hopefully you’ve found this collection of black and white Photoshop actions useful. Regardless, you should be able to find at least one that aids in quick edits of images.
And you might happen upon some interesting stylistic choices as well. Good luck!
- 15 Photoshop Action Sets for Creating Cinema & Movie Effects
- 10 Photoshop Actions for Creating Stunning Comic & Cartoon Effects
- The 10 Best HDR Effect Photoshop Actions
- The 12 Best Photoshop Actions for Creating 3D Effects
- The 10 Best Photoshop Action Sets for Creating the Bokeh Effect
- The 25 Best Photoshop Actions for Creating Stunning Art Effects
- The 20 Best Glitch Effect Photoshop Action Sets
- The 12 Best Photoshop Actions for Creating the Duotone Effect
- The 15 Best Light Leak Effect Photoshop Action Sets
- 20 Incredible Photoshop Actions for Sketching Effects