Flat design has become increasingly popular in the last couple of years among professional designers and can be seen across almost every aspect of visual design.
Key characteristics include the usage of simple, crisp, two-dimensional shapes and the lack of complex gradients, shadows, bevels, feathered effects or 3D appearances. The advantages of using flat designs derive from its overall usability and reduced complexity, therefore focusing on key things such as typography, shapes, and minimalism. All of this adds up to making it perfect for logo design.
Flat logo design has its own remarkable and quite unique characteristics. Among them, the use of complementary and beautiful color combinations that best suit the style and the use of negative space to focus attention on important branding elements within a highly symbolic background. To get a taste for this trend, I’ve curated a roundup of beautiful logo designs that reflect flat design to hopefully inspire your creativity.
Aubut & Fils
- 50 Simplistic & Minimal Fashion Label Logo Designs
- 30 Fantastic Restaurant Logo Designs for Inspiration
- 40 Examples of Clever Typography in Logo Design
- 25 Inspiring Logo Design Examples for Photographers
- 25 Inspiring & Elegant Examples of Monograms in Logo Design
- 30 Creative Examples of Symmetry in Logo Design
- 50 Simple, Yet Highly Effective Logo Designs
- 30 Creative Logo Design Examples Featuring Animals