A well-designed and professional-looking resume can be a game-changer when it comes to standing out in a crowded job market. However, creating a custom resume design from scratch can be challenging, especially if you lack design skills or experience.
Fortunately, there are many professionally designed resume templates available online that can help you create a standout resume quickly and easily. To help you find the best options, we’ve scoured the web and collected the most professional and beautiful free resume templates designed specifically for Adobe InDesign.
With these templates, you can save time and ensure your resume looks polished and professional. Simply choose a template that matches your style and preferences, customize it with your own colors and fonts, and add your personal and professional information. Once finished, you can easily export your resume as a PDF and send it along with your job application.
Not only do these InDesign resume templates look impressive and professional, but they also offer a range of customizable design elements to help you create a unique and personalized resume that reflects your skills and experience. From stylish headers and footers to elegant fonts and color schemes, these templates make creating a CV that stands head and shoulder above the competition easy.
Using a professionally designed resume template is an excellent way to create a polished and eye-catching resume that can help you stand out in a competitive job market. By choosing one of our carefully curated InDesign resume templates, customizing it to your liking, and exporting it as a PDF, you’ll be on your way to landing your dream job. Good luck!
1. Free Clean Interactive Resume (Free)
This free resume template features a clean design and a two-column structure that makes it easy to separate your contact information from your education and experience. You can easily change the colors and add your personal information.
2. Vintage Resume Template (with Envato Elements)
Consider this Vintage Resume Template if you are looking for a stylish resume that is sure to make you stand out from the crowd. The template includes matching cover letters and a set of icons that you can add to highlight skills.
3. Resume & Business Card Set (Free)
If you want to knock out two birds with one stone and get a set of business cards to go along with your resume, be sure to check out this resume template. The template features an elegant navy and white color scheme.
4. Minimalist-Style Resume Template (with Envato Elements)
If you love minimalist design, this resume template is a perfect choice. The template stands out with beautiful typography and plenty of white space.
5. Resume Template for UX Designers (Free)
Thanks to the nice visual hierarchy and information organization, this clean resume template is perfect for UX designers. You can easily change the color scheme to reflect your personality.
6. Brendon Resume & Cover Letter (with Envato Elements)
The Brendon resume and cover letter includes a matching resume and cover letter with minimal design. The template also includes a set of custom icons and paragraph styles.
7. Free CV/Resume Set Template (Free)
This free resume template features a simple and minimal design. You will also get access to a matching cover letter. The template is easy to edit.
8. Simple Resume/CV Volume 6 (with Envato Elements)
As the name suggests, this Simple Resume/CV template has a simple and clean design. The template features a one-page resume design and a matching cover letter.
9. Simple & Free CV Template (Free)
This set of free CV templates includes three different designs and a 2-column layout that makes it easy to organize the information. The template comes with three premade colors schemes which are easy to edit.
10. Infographic Resume/Cv Volume 4 (with Envato Elements)
This modern Infographic resume is a perfect choice if you’re looking for a modern take on a traditional resume. Your information is presented using infographic style, and you’ll also get bonus icons that you can use in your resume.
Another great choice for minimalists who are looking for a new job. This template includes a resume and a cover letter, and elegant typography. You can edit the files, colors, fonts, and other elements.
12. Clean Resume/CV Volume 3 (with Envato Elements)
This Clean Resume template was designed as a single-page resume and includes a matching cover letter. As a bonus, you’ll also get the resume in Word format, and you can easily edit the colors and the fonts.
Consider this free resume template if you want a unique-looking template. It includes a matching cover letter with enough space to include your photo, grid-based layout, and modern typography.
Creating a Resume with Adobe InDesign
Now that you have downloaded your InDesign resume template, follow these steps so that you have a polished and professional-looking document that’s ready to share with potential employers. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Gather Your Information: Collect all the necessary information for your resume, including your contact details, work experience, education, skills, and any other relevant sections.
- Set Up Your Document: Open InDesign and create a new document. Choose the page size (typically US Letter or A4), set margins, and determine whether you want a single- or multi-page document.
- Choose a Layout: Decide on the layout of your resume. You can either design a custom layout or use a pre-designed resume template like the examples above.
- Create Master Pages: Set up master pages for consistent headers, footers, and other design elements throughout your resume.
- Design Sections: Design separate sections for different resume components. Use text boxes, frames, and shapes to structure your content neatly. Utilize fonts, colors, and formatting that align with your personal branding.
- Add Text: Input your resume content into the text boxes. Use paragraph styles to maintain consistent formatting and make updates easier.
- Include Visuals: If desired, add icons or graphics to enhance the design of your resume. Ensure these visuals complement your design and don’t overwhelm the content.
- Formatting: Pay attention to spacing, alignment, and typography. Bullet points and headings can help to organize your information effectively.
- Showcase Work Samples: If applicable, create a portfolio section to showcase relevant work samples or projects. You can use image placeholders and captions to describe each project.
- Proofread and Review: Double-check your resume for typos, grammatical errors, and formatting inconsistencies. It’s a good idea to have someone else review it as well.
- Export and Save: Once you’re satisfied with the design, export your resume. Choose the appropriate format, such as PDF, for easy sharing and printing. Be sure to save your project file too, in case you need to make edits later.
- Print or Share: Print physical copies of your resume on high-quality paper, or share the digital PDF version with potential employers or on online platforms.
Remember, the goal is to create a resume that reflects your skills, experiences, and personal style while maintaining professionalism and readability.
Whether you’re creating a resume from scratch or using a template, Adobe InDesign provides the tools you need to design an impressive and visually appealing document.