Great web UI design must strike a perfect balance between captivating aesthetics and effortless interactivity. Like an invisible hand, a web interface should guide users through the experience at the speed of thought.
Web UI Best Practices by UXPin explains techniques spanning visual design, interface design, and UX design. Visual examples of UI design are also shown from 33 companies including LivingSocial, Spotify, Skype, Apple, Skullcandy, and more.
The 109-page guide includes:
- Advice from experts such as Luke Wroblewski, Jared Spool, Jakob Nielsen, Marcin Treder, and many others.
- In-depth discussion and practical tips for UI elements such as color, contrast, spacing, navigation, typography, input controls, and more.
- Explanation of preliminary steps such as creating user personas, prioritizing requirements, and creating visual hierarchies.
So check it out, and feel free to share if you find it helpful.
For over 63 UI Patterns explained in a simple problem/solution format, you should check out Web UI Design Patterns 2014.
You might also like our collection of 50 Free Book for Web Designers.
- 50 Free eBooks for Web Designers & Developers
- Free eBook: Web UI Patterns 2016 (Vol.1)
- 10 Great Books About Web Design That Are Worth Reading
- Free Ebook: Creativity & Consistency in UI Design
- Free Ebook: The Evolution of Flat Design Trends
- Taking a Look at Brand-Related Splash Screens in Web Design
- Beyond Glitched: Using Distorted Images in Web Design
- 8 Fantastic Examples of Variable Fonts in Action