The biggest challenge designers and product managers face isn’t how the market or different technologies work — it’s how humans work. What users say versus what users do are two completely different things, and the only way to verify is to test.
The Guide to Usability Testing by UXPin includes 109 pages of tips, tactics, and expert advice.
The free e-book includes:
- Best practices from companies like Apple, MailChimp, Yahoo, DirecTV, Buffer, and more.
- Practical explanations and tips for 20 usability testing methods including hallway testing, card sorting, moderated & unmoderated testing, and much more.
- Advice from usability experts like Jakob Nielsen, Jeff Sauro, Dr. David Travis, and others.
- Define your hypothesis, pick several quantitative and qualitative methods, and get ready to go out of your comfort zone. Check out the e-book, and feel free to share if you find it helpful.
To understand how to document usability tests, check out the Guide to UX Design Process & Documentation.
You might also like our collection of 50 Free Book for Web Designers.
- Staying in Touch with What Users Want
- The Various Types of Usability Testing
- Exploring the Impact of Emotion in Web Design
- The Usability of Video Game Design
- How to Move Toward a Dedicated Usability Testing Budget
- Improving Design With Quick Usability Tests
- Adapting Mobile Web Usability for Ad Content Blockers
- How to Increase Online Sales with Better Search Usability