With literally millions of apps now available on the App Store and Google Play, people are finding it increasingly difficult to cut through the noise and get their app noticed and downloaded.
Recent surveys have pointed out that successful app publishers, those that manage to make a business out of their apps, invest time and money in marketing to launch with a splash, securing a good ranking on the top download charts and ultimately gain more exposure and downloads for their apps organically.
>Mobiloud, a UK-based mobile app building service dedicated to WordPress users (they built the Speckyboy app), has put together a free ebook titled “Mobile App Marketing Cheat Sheet” with some juicy tips on how to launch and promote a mobile app. You can download the free PDF ebook from their website.
The 20-page PDF starts by offering some ideas on how to drive traffic from your existing website or blog to the app and how to create anticipation before launch by building a launch list and creating a video or screencast. It goes on to suggest how to make the most of the promotional opportunities offered by app marketplaces, such as screenshots and descriptions. Finally, you’ll find tips on how to write a press release and reach out to bloggers and journalists.
Here’s a full list of topics covered:
- Creating a beta/launch list
- Using video teaser or screencast to build anticipation
- Create a landing page for your app
- Leverage your blog to promote it
- What to write in a launch blog post
- Leverage the App Store, icons and descriptions
- Choose your keywords wisely
- Use screenshots to sell
- Leverage social media and build a community
- How to use public relations and create a press release
- How to reach out to bloggers and journalists
- Getting your app reviewed
- Climbing the charts with launch campaigns
Smartphones and tablets are here to stay, and so are apps, with download numbers showing no signs of slowing down. There’s a great opportunity in this market, but competition from other app developers is also now significant. Today more than before, it’s critical you’re covering the basics of app marketing to get the best chances of making your app a success.
You might also like our collection of 50 Free Book for Web Designers.
- 10 Innovative Navigation Examples in Mobile App Design
- 15 Free Gesture Icon Sets for Mobile App Designers
- 20 Mobile Device Mockup Templates for Web & UI Designers
- Emotionally Intelligent Design: Your Mobile App Needs a Soul
- How Are In-App Gestures Shaping User Experience?
- 18 Free Mobile APIs Developers Should Consider
- 50 Free Mobile UI Kits for iOS & Android
- 10 Methods for Optimizing Your Forms for Mobile