Web Design Trends 2015-2016 includes 185 pages of visual examples and analysis of some of today’s best web design techniques. Instead of only including screenshots, the book actually explains when and how to use each trend to make your website better for users.
Minimalist interfaces, long-scrolling sites, looping HD video backgrounds — these are just a few of the techniques users have come to expect. As much a lookbook as it is a “how-to” guide, this ebook looks at the past, present, and future of each trend.
Even though the book spans 10 chapters, it reads fairly quickly since it’s primarily example-driven. You won’t find much dry theory since it focuses on bottom-line advice that applies to everyday design.
The chapters are supported with 166 examples from companies including Google, Dribbble, Squarespace, Reebok, Bauer, and many others who’ve designed creative yet usable websites.
Topics in the ebook include:
- Pros & cons of each trend.
- How minimalism complements responsive design.
- The new characteristics of “flat design 2.0”.
- Balancing speed and visual richness with HD web design.
- When & how to use long-scrolling to tell stories with your website.
- How to choose between custom or stock photography.
- Useful typography techniques.
- How to use card UI patterns to present lots of content.
- Using interactions & animations to make a lasting impression.
It’s worth checking out for inspiration and sound design advice.
You might also like our collection of 50 Free Book for Web Designers.