It was in 2003 that the first version of WordPress came out. It did not have many things to brag about back then — there is not much a blogging tool can brag about anyway!
Fast forward ten years, to 2013. What started as a humble blogging platform has today established itself as the world’s most loved and popular Content Management System.
Yes, that’s right. WordPress is ten years old today!
In order to celebrate this special occasion, WordPress users and enthusiasts all around the world are organizing meetups and parties. All of this has been in the planning for quite some time now. Among other things, you can also get your hands on anniversary tees and other wonderful merch.
In the internet world, where new technology and software is released almost every other day, surviving (oh, and dominating) for ten years is an awesome feat. Considering the popularity of WordPress, it surely looks poised to enjoy stardom for many more years to come!
Happy Birthday WordPress, and thank you!
What are your plans for today?
- WordPress Tips & Plugins for Those “Oh $#!%” Moments
- How to Ensure that the Grumpy Designer Never Buys Your Product
- Why Third Parties Are Taking an Interest in Your Client’s Website Security
- What Should Happen When a WordPress Theme or Plugin License Expires?
- How to Connect WordPress to Cloud Storage Services
- The 10 Best Plugins for Adding eCommerce to WordPress
- 10 Free Plugins to Help Improve WordPress Content Creation
- 10 Free Add-Ons for the Elementor WordPress Page Builder
- The 15 Best Free WordPress Themes for Photographers
- The 15 Best Free eCommerce & Shopping Themes for WordPress