It was in 2003 that the first version of WordPress came out. It did not have many things to brag about back then — there is not much a blogging tool can brag about anyway!
Fast forward ten years, to 2013. What started as a humble blogging platform has today established itself as the world’s most loved and popular Content Management System.
Yes, that’s right. WordPress is ten years old today!
In order to celebrate this special occasion, WordPress users and enthusiasts all around the world are organizing meetups and parties. All of this has been in the planning for quite some time now. Among other things, you can also get your hands on anniversary tees and other wonderful merch.
In the internet world, where new technology and software is released almost every other day, surviving (oh, and dominating) for ten years is an awesome feat. Considering the popularity of WordPress, it surely looks poised to enjoy stardom for many more years to come!
Happy Birthday WordPress, and thank you!
What are your plans for today?
- 10 WordPress Plugins to Help Improve Website Accessibility
- Tips for Converting an Existing WordPress Website to Use the Gutenberg Block Editor
- 10 Free Plugins for Adding Animation Effects to WordPress
- The 15 Best Free Business & Corporate WordPress Themes
- The Top Starter & Barebone Themes for WordPress Development
- 10 Best Free Security Plugins for WordPress
- The 15 Best Free Fashion & Lifestyle WordPress Themes
- Hacked: What to Do When Your WordPress Website Has Been Compromised