The first thing that springs to mind when thinking about large photography backgrounds in web design is basic photographer portfolio website or even that of a design company. Upon researching this article, the surprising thing was that this type of full-size image design trend background does not seem to have any limitations. It is equally suited to ecommerce sites, restaurant sites, web design agencies.. basically all types of websites, as you will see from the collection below.
There is one thing all of these sites have in common, and that is creative and professional photography. The photograph itself is the focus of the site, with each having an overlay of content to bring the site alive and make it functional. Sometimes it seems as though the designers want you to focus more on the image rather than the content, such is the power of each beautiful shot.
The Complete Toolbox for Web Designers
Unlimited Downloads: 500,000+ Web Templates, Themes, Plugins & Design Assets
Top Dollar Creative Agency
Facundo Almeyra Portfolio
- Using ‘Spotty’ Backgrounds in Web Design to Grab Attention
- 25 Inspiring Examples of Websites Featuring Video Backgrounds
- The Tiny Short Animation Trend in Web Design
- Add Cool Effects with CSS Blend Mode
- The Design Trend of Utilizing Monochrome Colors in Hero Areas
- Adding Warmth and Personality to Websites with Human Illustrations
- Harnessing Liquid Effects in Web Design
- 12 Stunning Retro Neon Effects in Web Design