Dallas based photographer Tom Hussey is renowned for his award-winning wistful photography series “Reflections“. The highly conceptual photographs depict an older person looking at the reflection of their younger self in a mirror. The idea came to Tom after having a conversation with an 80-year-old WWII veteran who shared his bitter experience of how fast time has passed for him, and how quickly his body has transformed in front of his own eyes.
In this series, Tom has utilized the services of younger looking doppelgängers of the older subjects in order to depict how the mind stays connected with one’s younger self and how the body outgrows the mind, thus channeling the separation between mind and physical body.
Tom is renowned for his advertising photography and this personal project took his work to the whole new level. Take a look at his amazing work and you’ll be amazed at how bizarrely realistic and poignant the images appear.
The Reflections Photography Series
- The 10 Best Newsletters for Photographers
- 20 Stunning Logo Templates for Photographers
- 30 Stunning Examples of Wildlife Photography
- 25 Beautiful Examples of Bokeh Photography
- 20 Fine Examples of Backlit Photography
- 30 Beautiful Examples of Infrared Photography
- 20 Stunning Examples of Super Macro Photography
- The Good and Bad of Stock Photography
- 50 Wonderful Black & White Photos with Partial Color Effects
- 25 Stunning Examples of Still Life Photography