If you want a restaurant to run like a Swiss watch, you’re going to need to fire up the oven. And in order for that oven to get searing hot, you’ll need customers.
Let’s be honest: the menu might be mouthwatering, but something has to attract the customers to the restaurant when they’re just strolling (or scrolling). Now, you can let your clients handle the cooking and hosting. Enter logo templates for restaurants.
As a graphic designer, you’re in the business of making your own creative masterpieces. Masterpieces that are going to stop the scroll and the stroll, and single out your clients as the right option for that impromptu dinner or a well-planned anniversary. You might even grab the attention of a food critic.
Fortunately, you don’t have to stress when the next restaurant approaches you. Forget about brainstorming or going through swipe files for inspiration. Today, we’re showing you the best logo templates for restaurants. From logos for seafood spots to BBQ restaurants and street food logos, we’ll give you plenty of options to pick from. Some of these logos are vintage-inspired, while others suit modern and upscale minimalist aesthetics perfectly.
And if you often work with restaurants, you’re going to love the dash of inspiration you’ll get from our restaurant logo template collection.
What to Look for in a Great Restaurant Logo Template
When scouting for that ideal restaurant logo template, there are certain elements you need to consider:
- Relevance: A steakhouse logo with sushi images? Doesn’t really make sense, does it? Your logo should align with the type of cuisine you offer. It should be a reflection of the soul of your restaurant.
- Simplicity: Remember, less is often more. While intricate designs might seem appealing, a simpler design will be more memorable and versatile.
- Customizability: A great template offers flexibility. You should be able to tweak colors, fonts, and elements to make it truly yours.
- Uniqueness: Avoid clichés. While forks, knives, and chef hats are common, try to think outside the box or use common elements in a fresh way.
The Design Principles for Restaurant Logos
A logo isn’t just about slapping an image together with a name. It involves thoughtful design. Here are some timeless design principles that can make your restaurant logo stand out:
- Color Psychology: Colors evoke feelings. Red stimulates appetite (think McDonald’s), blue is calming, green suggests freshness, and so on. Decide on the emotion you want to trigger in your potential diners, and choose your colors wisely.
- Typography Matters: The font should harmonize with your restaurant’s vibe. A cozy, rustic cafe might opt for a handwritten font, while an upscale diner may go for something sleek and elegant.
- Balance and Proportion: Elements in your logo should be balanced to make it visually appealing. This doesn’t necessarily mean symmetrical, but elements should be arranged in a way that doesn’t make one side feel heavier than the other.
- Scalability: Your logo should retain its charm, whether it’s on a business card or a billboard. A good logo looks great both in a tiny icon and on a large banner.
- Adaptability: A great logo works in color, black and white, against dark backgrounds, light backgrounds, and even on varied textures.
The Best Logo Templates for Restaurants
Steak House Logo Template (PNG, PSD, SVG, AI & EPS)
Hardcore meat lovers will love this one! If you’re working with a steak house, choose the traditional (and perfect) logo for it. This steak house logo template features a bull and two steakhouse cleavers rendered in a vintage style. Perfect for restaurants that want to make a mark!
Kitchen Badge Logo Template Collection (AI & EPS)
If your restaurant is the number one spot for hearty, homemade cooking, these restaurant logo templates are the right fit. You’ll get eight restaurant logos featuring traditional icons (utensils, chef’s hats, and more) in a vintage-style composition, and you can easily customize them in Adobe Illustrator.
Retro Vector Restaurant Logo Template (AI & EPS)
If you often work with restaurants, coffee shops, and other brands that bring us delicious food, you’ll love this retro restaurant logo template collection! With over 40 diverse and simple templates (from seafood restaurants to cafes), you’ll get a powerful addition to your standard design kit.
Ice Cream Logo Template (AI & EPS)
Nothing beats ice cream in the summer, so make sure your logo looks as delicious as the ice cream tastes! This simple and professionally designed ice cream logo template is perfect for casual spots customers love, as well as big brands that want to add more personality to their branding.
Chef Logo Template (PNG, AI & EPS)
This interesting and modern chef logo template is perfect for restaurant-related businesses, from apps, to projects and new initiatives. Featuring an abstract, colorful chef figure, as well as sans-serif typography, this logo is definitely for bold and innovative brands. You can customize it to fit your style in Adobe Illustrator!
Cooking Badges, Emblems & Logo Templates (AI & EPS)
If the restaurant you’re working with has strong brand values, they’re going to love these cooking logo templates. They feature old-school illustrations of chefs, rolling pins, ladles, and a lot more. They’re perfect for traditional spots, and quirky modern eateries with a refined taste.
Flying Pig Handrawn Logo Template (PNG, PSD, AI & EPS)
If your restaurant is serving the best meat dishes around and they’ve got a long tradition, this logo template is perfect. It features an actual flying pig, which can add humor to restaurant brands that would normally be very formal, and you can customize it in Adobe suite.
Rooster Logo Template (SVG, AI & EPS)
This cute and modern rooster logo template is perfect for farms, apps, food delivery, and other cooking-related projects. It can even work for quirkier restaurants! It features a pink and blue rooster with a fun serif font, and you can customize the logo template to your liking in Adobe Illustrator.
Vintage Restaurant & Cafe Logotype Symbols (AI & EPS)
Attract an upscale clientele with these vintage and minimalist restaurant and cafe logo templates. This restaurant logo collection features nine neutral and elegant templates with icons such as utensils, plates, and more. It’s a sublime choice for brands that want to allude to their elegance with their visuals.
Cartoon Burger Guy Mascot Logo Template (AI & EPS)
There’s nothing like a guy happily holding a plate of burgers to show audiences far and wide just how awesome your restaurant is. This restaurant logo template is perfect for big fast-food brands that want to improve their brand sentiment and become their customers’ best friends.
Cow Line Art Style Logo Template (AI & EPS)
If you’re proud of serving the best beef dishes, show it with your logo. This minimalist, line art-style restaurant logo template features a cow and simple sans-serif typography. It works great for hipster and upscale eateries, as well as restaurants proud of their refined process and long tradition.
Vintage Catering Illustration Logo Templates (AI & EPS)
Take your customers on a trip to the glamorous Gatsby era with these vintage restaurant logo templates. This collection offers nine elegant logo templates that are perfect for modern restaurants with a specific atmosphere that’ll make any guy feel like Jay Gatsby. Simply add your own brand name!
Hot Pizza Logo Templates (AI & EPS)
Serve the tastiest slices ever! This hot pizza logo template is perfect for pizza places, but it also works for delivery brands, apps, and other food-related projects. The modern style captures attention, so it’s a great choice for new businesses that want to stand out from the crowd.
Chef Cartoon Logo Template (PNG, AI & EPS)
Let Mister Chef tell everyone what your brand is all about! This fun logo template is great for restaurants, but it works like a charm for other food-related businesses, as well. It can help customers relate to big brands, and it’s the perfect mascot for adding more personality.
Spicy and perfect! These neon Mexican food logo templates are an incredible solution for increasing your foot traffic – no customer strolling by will be able to resist. You’ll get three fun Mexican restaurant logo templates, and you can easily customize them. They work great as signs, too!
Vintage Labels Logo Template Constructor (PSD, AI & EPS)
Create the perfect vintage restaurant logo with this logo creator. You’ll get 158 icons and templates, with symbols like sushi, cake, hot drinks, wine, and more! This logo creator is definitely a great addition to your design kit – you’ll get icons for other industries, too!
BBQ Club Logo Template (PNG, PSD, SVG, AI & EPS)
Show customers how friendly and down-to-Earth your restaurant is with this BBQ club logo template. Featuring a vintage-inspired barbecue icon with modern sans-serif typography, this logo is perfect for hipster takes on traditional BBQ restaurants. You’ll get both black and color versions to customize in the Adobe suite.
Vintage Label, Badge and Logo Templates (AI & EPS)
If you’re working with an upscale restaurant that wants to showcase its elegance with the logo, these vintage and minimalist restaurant logo templates are a sublime choice. You’ll get 6 Adobe Illustrator logo templates that promise not just gourmet food, but gourmet and first-class dining experiences.
Burgers and Co Logo Template (AI & EPS)
Who wants a burger? Fun and friendly, this logo template is perfect for burger restaurants and other restaurants that want to keep it simple and focus on the food. You can completely customize this logo in Adobe Illustrator and create stunning foundations for your client’s branding.
Mexican Restaurant Logo Design Template (PNG, AI & EPS)
Quirky and fun, this Mexican restaurant logo template will win over the hearts of hungry customers everywhere! This logo template also works great for other food-related projects such as apps and festivals. A joyful Taco with engaging sans-serif typography makes for a friendly logo template for your restaurant.
How & Where to Use a Restaurant Logo
Now that you have that perfect logo, the question arises: How do you showcase it? Here’s where and how you can flaunt your restaurant logo:
- Outside Your Restaurant: This one’s a no-brainer. Your storefront or entrance is the first touchpoint for many customers. Make sure your logo is proudly displayed, whether it’s a neon sign, a wooden board, or a glass decal.
- Menus and Napkins: Imprint your logo on the top of the menu card. And why stop there? Go ahead and put it on the napkins, coasters, and even tablecloths.
- Digital Presence: In this digital age, your restaurant’s online presence is as vital as its physical one. Your website, social media handles, and even food delivery platforms should prominently feature your logo.
- Uniforms: Having staff uniforms? Incorporate your logo. It not only instills a sense of unity among the staff but also reinforces your brand image with every interaction.
- Promotional Material: Hosting an event or attending a food festival? Make sure your banners, flyers, and posters have your logo. It helps in creating brand recall.
- Packaging: If you offer takeout or delivery, your packaging offers another opportunity. Your logo on the takeout boxes or bags serves as a moving advertisement.
- Loyalty Cards or Gift Vouchers: If you have loyalty programs or offer gift vouchers, use them as another canvas to paint your brand on. It’s a constant reminder for the holder about your restaurant.
Francois de la Rochefoucauld was right: to eat intelligently is an art. We’re visual creatures, and the journey to having a fantastic dining experience starts visually.
As a graphic designer, it’s up to you to start that journey off on the right note by choosing the perfect restaurant logo template that tells the story of your clients.
A restaurant logo answers a thousand questions, but ultimately, your logo turns a restaurant into a brand. From becoming the perfect spot for anniversary dinners to letting customers know that their favorite Miso soup will always be waiting for them, the logo of your restaurant humanizes and empowers.
So when a hungry customer starts looking for the perfect spot, make sure your logo points them in the right direction. All you have to do is pick the right template, customize it, and you’ll be ready for dinner!