If you are wanting to create a photoblog, or even just to display your family and personal images on your blog you will find solutions here. From the intricate to the simplest solutions.
The range and variety are vast and below I have listed the best 30 to hopefully narrow your search.
1. Yet Another Photoblog (http://johannes.jarolim.com)
Features:A non invasive WordPress-plugin that converts WP into an easy useable photoblog system; Easy image upload – All WordPress post-features can be used; On the fly thumbnail generation – Use multiple thumbnail sizes where and when you need them: Thumbnail generation gets controlled from the template; EXIF data processing and output; Self-learning EXIF filter – Your own cameras tags can be selected to be viewed; Full i18n-Support through gnutext mo/po files; Ping additional update-service-sites when posting a photoblog entry.
‘Nearly every WP-theme can become a photoblog in virtually no time’.
2. NextGen (http://alexrabe.boelinger.com)
3. Duh Gallery (http://blog.perfectspace.com)
Description:As the tag line says (‘The Simple WordPress Photo Gallery Plugin’), it really is simple. For anyone that likes no complications.
4. fGallery (http://www.fahlstad.se/)
Features:Use nice urls; Re-size images; Use Lightbox; Allow comments;Display album RSS feed link; Image sort order; Album sort order; Show captions for images; Dynamic thumbnails.
5. WP Photo Album – WPPA (http://me.mywebsight.ws)
Features:Manage and create albums; Move photos to and from albums; Upload and delete photos; Adjust thumbnail and full view picture sizes (set default max sizes for each).
6. WPG2 ()
Features: G2Image insertion tool in your Edit Toolbar to help you select one or more Gallery 2 Images, Videos, Albums (displays the Album Highlight Image) in your Blog Posts or WordPress Pages; Random, Recent, Daily, Weekly, Popular Images and/or Albums can be displayed as widgets in the WordPress Sidebar; Single sign-on of WordPress Users into Gallery2, with the ability to restrict Gallery2 Sign on through WordPress User Roles and Capabilities; Display your Gallery2 Page(s) from within the automatically created WordPress Page; Add Lightbox Effects for your Gallery2 Images.
7. WP Smooth Gallery (http://www.christianschenk.org)
Description: A plugin that will enable you to integrate Smooth Gallery into your WP blog.
8. ANIga gallery ()
9. PhotoXhibit (http://benjaminsterling.com/photoxhibit/)
Description: PhotoXhibit, formally Benjamin Sterling Galleries, was born out of the fires of so many not-so-great gallery/image manager plugins for WordPress.
This plugin uses photos from your Flickr, Picasa, and/or SmugMug accounts as well as allows you to upload and build Albums to help you build inviting Photo Galleries on and through out your site.
10. PhotoXhibit ()
Description: imageViewJX is a WordPress plugin which takes all images from a given directory and flips through them on your WordPress site, without reloading the page…
And The Rest…
12. W3 Images (http://www.axew3.com/b10g/?page_id=5).
13. WP Wet Floor (http://www.siuyee.com/projects/wp-wetfloor/). This is more of an effect rather than a gallery, still its worth a look.
14. Inline Gallery (http://m0n5t3r.info/work/wordpress-plugins/inline-gallery).
15. Lazy-K Gallery (http://plugins.atterberry.net/lazy-k-gallery).
16. Lightbox 2 WordPress Plugin (http://www.4mj.it/lightbox-js-v20-wordpress/#more-198).
17. AWSOM (http://www.awsom.org/2008/awsom-plugins-updated-for-wordpress-25-compatibility/).
19. WP-Gallery-Remote (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-gallery-remote/).
22. PhotoQ WordPress Photoblog Plugin (http://www.whoismanu.com/blog/).
23. mBox Gallery Plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mbox/).
24. Cozimo Gallery Plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cozimo/).
Flickr Addon Plugins
27. Flickr Manager Plugin (http://tgardner.net/2008/02/12/flickr-manager-gets-photo-sets-in-150/).
30. flickrRSS Plugin (http://eightface.com/wordpress/flickrrss/).