We are social beings, but often find ourselves isolated. While it’s in our nature to gather together, getting close to anyone takes effort and skill. Nowhere is this truer than in the world of photography. A candid picture that really captures an honest moment can be shockingly hard to shoot.
Candid photography is growing increasingly popular and refers to photos taken without the subject knowing they are being photographed. Some might refer to candid photography as paparazzi-style photography that aims to capture the subject in the act.
Candid photography is yet another photography style where posing has no place. You want the photo to be spontaneous and genuine. This means you will need to spend some time working on your speed to ensure you can capture that candid moment. Having a camera with a fast lens is also a bonus.
Make sure your camera is set up appropriately so you don’t have to fiddle with settings before taking your shot. You will also want to be prepared to spend long times blending in and waiting.
The best part about candid photography, though, is the fact that you never know what kind of photo you’ll end up with. The end result can be quite surprising.
Regardless of the fact that candid photography is one of the most challenging photography styles, we have found 30 images that do exactly that. They take a moment from the life of a living breathing human and save to it be experienced by others. A candid expression of what it is to be a human being. Enjoy them and use them as an inspiration.
Candid Street Photography
- The 10 Best Newsletters for Photographers
- 20 Fine Examples of Backlit Photography
- Breathtaking Photography: Shooting in the Golden Hour
- 25 Stunning Examples of Super Macro Photography
- 30 Stunning Examples of Still Life Photography
- 20 Stunning Examples of Food Photography & Tips for Effective Shooting
- 10 Intriguing Examples of Levitation Photography
- 25 Inspiring Examples of Monochromatic Photography