We are social beings but often find ourselves isolated. While it’s in our nature to gather together, getting close to anyone takes effort and skill. Nowhere is this truer than in the world of photography. A candid picture that captures an honest moment can be shockingly difficult to shoot.
Candid photography is growing increasingly popular and refers to photos taken without the subject knowing they are being photographed. Some might refer to candid photography as paparazzi-style photography that aims to capture the subject in the act.
Candid photography is yet another photography style where posing has no place. You want the photo to be spontaneous and genuine, and this means you will need to spend some time working on your speed to ensure you can capture that candid moment. Having a camera with a fast lens is also a bonus.
Make sure your camera is set up appropriately, so you don’t have to fiddle with settings before taking your shot. You will also want to be prepared to spend lengthy times blending in and waiting.
The best part about candid photography, though, is the fact that you never know what kind of photo you’ll end up with. The results can be surprising.
Even though candid photography is one of the most challenging photography styles, we have found 30 images that do exactly that. They take a moment from the life of a living, breathing human and save it to be experienced by others. A candid expression of what it is to be a human being. Enjoy this collection and use them as inspiration.
- The 10 Best Newsletters for Photographers
- 20 Stunning Logo Templates for Photographers
- 30 Stunning Examples of Wildlife Photography
- 25 Beautiful Examples of Bokeh Photography
- 20 Fine Examples of Backlit Photography
- 30 Beautiful Examples of Infrared Photography
- 20 Stunning Examples of Super Macro Photography
- The Good and Bad of Stock Photography
- 50 Wonderful Black & White Photos with Partial Color Effects
- 25 Stunning Examples of Still Life Photography