A few months ago we featured Web Design Agency homepages. However, many designers prefer to work alone, and their portfolios are also worth checking out. Thus, here are 50 individual creative portfolios, which will knock your socks off!
Keeping in mind that most agency sites are built on a “Logo – Tagline – Best Work – Contact Info” basis, we were curious to see if this formula would work as well for freelance designers as it does for web design agencies.
Yes, it works sometimes, and you can see it from the examples featured in this article, but it seems, as expected, the main focus of most portfolio sites is to catch visitor’s attention, introduce the designer and then invite readers to get deeper into the portfolio in order to see the best works and know more about the designer, his/her skills, awards and experience.
A lot of designers prefer one-page portfolios; some designers put personal photos on their sites; many of those whose websites are listed below are fans of minimal design, and so on. Some of the other features and trends available on designer portfolios are whitespace, illustrations, big background images, flat design, big typography and geometric shapes. As for colors, white, gray and emerald seem to be very popular.
And if you believe reading is not enough to understand what an inspirational portfolio site is, please take a look at the following examples:
Singular (Web Template)
Moler (Web Template)
Selfer (Web Template)
Caramel Budgie Design
Modesto (Web Template)
Ivy (Web Template)
Bloom (Web Template)
Wythe (Web Template)
Florian J. Farber
Oscar (Web Template)
Kappe (Web Template)
- 25 Photographer Portfolio Websites for Web Design Inspiration
- 10 Beautifully Designed Portfolio Websites that Tell a Story
- 10 Inspiring UX Design Portfolios
- Room to Breathe: Using Whitespace in the Hero Area
- How to Effectively Use Whitespace in Web Design
- 8 Inspiring Examples of Isometric Illustrations in Web Design
- 20 Creative Examples of Pricing Page Web Layouts for Inspiration
- 10 Effective Examples of Using Over-Sized Titles in Web Design