Vintage usually refers to an item that is at least 25 years old. The term is also used to represent designs that mimic the look of the 50s and the 60s. Designs from those years are characterized by stunning typography and well-organized layouts that grabbed everyone’s attention which made it easier to market and promote your products.
In recent years, the vintage and retro style have become popular and are making a comeback in print advertisements. They can be used to promote individual products as well as businesses, events, and special occasions. You will notice a common theme among these designs which include distressed typography, faded backgrounds, and bright pops of color that bring your attention to different elements of the ad.
On top of that, they have quite a few elements in common: usually old cars, food, alcohol, typewriters, old trucks and other gadgets that symbolize and represent the good, old times. As such, vintage designs bring a sense of nostalgia and take us down the memory lane to simpler times, which is one of the main reasons why this design style is so popular and appeals to both younger and older generations.
If you’re working on a vintage ad project, we have a treat for you. In this roundup, we’ve gathered the most enchanting vintage print advertisements for your inspiration. Use them to get familiar with this design style and technique and then make use of your creativity to come up with a unique design that’s sure to grab everyone’s attention.
Vintage Ad for Cadillac
Knitting Wool Ad from 1959
Ronrico Rum Ad
Salão do Automóvel
Naturalizer Women’s Shoes
Universal Food Chopper (from 1890s)
CJSW Vintage Radio Ad
- 30 Examples of Beautiful Typography in Print Ads
- 40 Stunning Minimalist Print Ads for Your Inspiration
- 30 Powerful & Compelling Public Awareness Print Ads
- 50 Powerful Examples of Advertising from the WWF
- 25 Creative Examples of Fairy Tale Advertisements
- 10 Memorable Vintage James Bond Posters
- 20 Inspiring Ads from Sony
- 30 Controversial Examples of Playstation Advertising
- Video Game Nostalgia: 50 Vintage SNES Official Game Artwork
- 50 Creative Examples of Lego Advertising – Creativity Without Bricks