This week, WordPress 3.5 “Elvin” was released. This new version comes with certain tweaks and improvements, primarily focusing on user interface and experience.
The most noteworthy change introduced in this new release of WordPress is that of the Media Manager and Image Uploader. Unlike the previous one, the new Media Manager shows you thumbnail previews of all your uploaded images. Obviously, this new Manager interface has been designed with the heavy-usage photo uploaders in mind: you can easily drag and drop images to sort and organize them in your galleries.
Beyond that, WordPress 3.5 also comes packaged with the responsive Twenty Twelve (which was released earlier this month) as its default theme. Plus, WP 3.5 is now retina-ready, and with HiDPI display support, it sure looks all prepared to sizzle and shine on your iPhone and iPad screens.
The Links section, also often termed as Blogroll, has now been eliminated. If you need that feature, you can opt for the Links Manager plugin. Furthermore, the color picker has been given a facelift, the privacy settings have been moved to the Settings–>Reading page, and before I forget, you now have the ability to mark selected plugins as ‘Favorites’, and then access them directly from the admin panel.
Still need more? Check out this vid from WordPress:
What do you think of the new WP update?
- How to De-Clutter Your WordPress Site
- Why Gutenberg Has Changed My Opinion of Page Builders
- How Many WordPress Plugins Are Too Many?
- Reasons to Stick with WordPress
- 8 Powerful Plugins That Turn WordPress into an LMS
- A Beginner’s Guide to Using WooCommerce
- Simple Ways to Customize WordPress Plugins
- 12 of the Top Multipurpose WordPress Themes Available Today