We have a vast collection of the best free Lightroom presets for both designers and photographers that will allow you to add professional effects to your photos instantly.
Lightroom Presets are small predetermined settings files that, once installed and with just a single click, can be used to instantly apply specific and often stunning effects to your photos. They serve a very similar purpose as Photoshop actions that would be used in Photoshop to apply a specific type of effect to a photo.
Most web and graphic designers use Photoshop daily as one of the main tools of the trade. Photoshop is incredibly powerful for designing and photo editing, but Adobe also has Lightroom, which can be used for processing/editing photos and the organization of photo files.
As a designer, you probably work with a lot of images, including those provided by clients, purchased stock photos, downloaded free stock photos, and possibly even your own photos. Because designers work with so many images and are also photography enthusiasts, Lightroom has become increasingly popular even outside the circles of just professional photographers.
Also helping to boost Lightroom’s popularity is its inclusion in Adobe’s Creative Cloud. If you have a Creative Cloud subscription for software like Photoshop and Illustrator, you also have access to Lightroom.
The early versions of Lightroom included basic functionality for editing photos, but the Library Module for organizing photos was equally important. Since photographers can quickly build up an archive of thousands of photos, keeping them organized is essential. But over the years, with each new version, Lightroom’s Develop Module has become increasingly powerful, and Lightroom users find themselves opening Photoshop less and less.
One of the best ways to take advantage of Lightroom’s capabilities, especially if you are just getting started with the program, is to make use of presets.
Presets can help to speed up your editing workflow, allow you to get amazing effects that you might not be able to duplicate on your own, and they can also serve as an excellent educational resource if you want to learn how to create different types of effects. There are many presets available for purchase, but there are also many that you can download for free.
Finding the best free presets can be a little challenging because you need to weed through a lot of lower-quality options, so this extensive collection was compiled to showcase some of the best free presets that you can download.
- Film Effect Lightroom Presets
- Seasonal Effect Lightroom Presets
- HDR Effect Lightroom Presets
- Color Effect Lightroom Presets
- Black & White Lightroom Presets
- Vintage Effect Lightroom Presets
- Astro & Space Lightroom Presets
- How to Install Lightroom Presets
More Lightroom Presets
Film Effect Lightroom Presets
These presets will give your digital photos a film-like appearance. These effects are often somewhat subtle but can help to create gorgeous photos.
With the help of this preset, you’ll give your portraits a grittier feel, and you can apply it with a single click.
2. The Editorial Collection v2 (Envato Elements)
If you want to make your photos look like they belong on the cover of a magazine, try this preset. You will find 13 presets compatible with both JPEG and RAW files.
3. Film-Inspired Lightroom Preset (Free)
This film-inspired Lightroom preset will give your photos a classic film look. You can apply it to all kinds of photos, including landscape, outdoors, portraits, and more.
4. Film Desktop & Mobile Lightroom Preset (Free)
This preset is another film-inspired Lightroom preset, but the difference is that this set gives your photos a soft, washed-out look. Use it to produce an interesting effect on your portrait photos.
5. Anniversary Lightroom Presets – Volume I (Envato Elements)
This set contains 20 different presets and has been designed with couples, seniors, and portrait photography in mind. A few notable features include authentic color tones, moody atmospheres, and film imitation.
6. Sunny Landscape Lightroom Presets (Envato Elements)
Try this preset collection if you like shooting landscapes, sunrises, or sunsets. The collection comes with 30 different presets that support RAW, NEF, DNG, JPG, and TIFF formats.
7. Vintage Film Lightroom Preset (Free)
Use this vintage preset whenever you need to make your photos appear more vintage. The preset will apply a nice-looking, soft vintage effect that will make your photos stand out.
8. Grainy Matte Lightroom Preset (Free)
Matte effects are a popular effect for portrait photography, and thanks to this preset, you no longer have to create it from scratch each and every time.
9. Newborn Lightroom Presets (Envato Elements)
This preset collection was designed with newborn photography in mind. A total of 20 presets will add various effects such as soft light, soft black and white, vintage, amazing eyes, and more.
10. Faded Lightroom Preset (Free)
Try this preset if you want to add a nice-looking faded effect to your photos. This effect works well with various photos, including cityscapes, landscapes, outdoors, portraits, and more.
11. I’m Blogger 50 Lightroom Presets (Envato Elements)
You will find a total of 50 presets, perfect for travel, fashion, lifestyle, food, and other photography styles. Use it to make your blog stand out.
Seasonal Effect Lightroom Presets
12. Summer Haze Lightroom Presets (Free)
These free Lightroom presets will give your summer photos a gentle and subtle haze effect that will allow you to capture the moment perfectly.
13. Autumn Color Boost HDR Lightroom Preset (Free)
Boost the dynamic range and make those fall colors pop with this Autumn Color Boost HDR Lightroom preset. The preset works with Lightroom 4 and newer versions.
You can create atmospheric photos with this collection of free Lightroom presets. There are twelve presets, with each offering a slightly different effect.
This small collection of free presets will allow you to give your forest or nature photos a moody look and feel.
HDR Effects Lightroom Presets
Lightroom is great for allowing you to increase the dynamic range of a photo. The most recent version (Lightroom CC) includes a new HDR merge feature, but in order to do that you will need multiple exposures of the same scene. If you are working with a single photo, you can get an HDR appearance with these presets.
UltraPOP Lightroom Presets (Envato Elements)
Add new life to your photos with this UltraPOP preset for Lightroom. The collection contains 20 different presets, each adding a unique pop of color to your photos.
17. HDR Lightroom Preset (Free)
For a more dramatic look, consider using this HDR preset for Lightroom. You will be able to quickly apply all the effects needed to produce an authentic HDR look.
18. Flowerage Portrait Presets for Lightroom & ACR (Envato Elements)
These Flowerage Portrait presets for Lightroom are perfect for wedding and art photography. The collection works well with natural light portraiture with many greens and flowers.
19. Cinematic HDR Lightroom Preset (Free)
This is another HDR preset for Lightroom but this time you will get a cinematic look. This preset is perfect for landscape and nature photos and works with Lightroom 4, 5, 6, and CC.
20. HDR Lightroom Preset (Free)
This HDR Lightroom preset will make any photo appear more somber and works well with portrait photography. You can also tweak the preset to your liking.
21. FoodKit – Food Presets for Lightroom & ACR (Envato Elements)
Any food or event photographer will find this preset handy. Not only will you be able to make your photos look yummy, but you’ll also be able to speed up your workflow significantly.
22. Strong HDR Lightroom Preset (Free)
Try this mobile and desktop HDR Lightroom preset if you want to make your photos appear bold and dramatic. The preset works with Lightroom 4 and higher.
23. Artistic vol. 3 Lightroom Presets (Envato Elements)
This pack of Lightroom presets contains 26 different presets with an artistic look and feel. They are compatible with Lightroom 4 and above and work with both JPG and RAW images.
24. Black & White HDR Lightroom Preset (Free)
This preset makes it easy to apply the black and white effect to any photo and keep the deep, beautiful blacks.
Color Effect Lightroom Presets
There are all kinds of options for working with color in Lightroom. With some dull photos, you may want to make the colors pop, and in other cases, you may want to use a faded effect instead. You can also bring a blue sky to life or enhance autumn colors in a nature photo.
25. Color Pop Lightroom Preset (Free)
Bring your photos to life by adding a pop of color. This free preset will make the colors in your photos appear more vibrant. The preset works with both RAW files and .jpg files.
26. One Click Wonder Lightroom Preset (Free)
Not sure how to style your image? This preset gives you a head start. It works well for many images, and it has the most common adjustments to take a RAW file from flat to eye-catching.
27. Vibrant Landscape Lightroom Preset (Free)
This is another colorful preset for Lightroom, designed to bring your landscape photos to life by making the colors appear more vibrant. The preset works with Lightroom 4, 5, 6, and CC.
28. Autumn Landscape Lightroom Preset (Free)
Autumn is one of the most colorful seasons, and this preset will make those fall landscape photos appear even more lively. The preset is easy to use and adjust to your needs.
With this free Lightroom addon, you can add energetic vibrancy to your photos by using the bright color accents that come with these eight presets.
30. Fashion Magazine Lightroom Preset (Free)
You can add some professionalism and glamour to your photos with this small bundle of fashion magazine Lightroom presets.
31. Edgy & Intense Lightroom Presets (Free)
If you’re looking to give your photos an edgy or intense effect, then this collection of fifteen presets is what you’re looking for.
32. Light Leak Mobile & Desktop Lightroom Preset (Free)
Add a nice leak effect to your photos with this free Lightroom preset. The preset works well in combination with vintage effects, and it’s easy to apply and customize to your liking.
33. Cinema Lightroom Preset (Free)
Make your photos stand out with this free Lightroom preset. It will turn your photos into cinematic masterpieces, and you can easily adjust them to your needs.
34. Intense Warm Lightroom Preset (Free)
As the name suggests, this preset will make your photos appear more intensive and warm them up. It’s an excellent choice for portrait photos, and it works with both Lightroom and Photoshop.
35. Popper Lightroom Preset (Free)
This preset is a great choice when you need to add a touch of color to your photos without going overboard. The preset works with Lightroom 4 and up as well as with Photoshop.
36. Soft Pastel Lightroom Preset (Free)
Although you can use this preset with various photos, this soft pastel Lightroom preset works best with portrait and outdoor images.
37. Soft & Light Lightroom Preset (Free)
Knock two birds with one stone, add a soft look, and improve the lighting in your photos with this free mobile and desktop Lightroom preset.
38. Soft Pastel Lightroom Preset (Free)
Add a pastel touch to your photos with this Lightroom preset. It works with Lightroom 4 and up as well as with Photoshop, and you can easily customize it.
39. Elegant Fade Lightroom Preset (Free)
Make your photos appear faded, which will give them a nice aged look. The preset works with Lightroom 4 and up and supports both JPG and RAW image formats.
40. Faded Mobile & Desktop Lightroom Preset (Free)
Try this faded Lightroom preset if you want to save yourself time and not apply the same filters and effects from scratch every time.
Black & White Effect Lightroom Presets
It’s easy to convert a color photo to black & white in Lightroom, but simple black & white conversions often look dull and uninteresting. To get the most from your black & whites, you’ll need to make some other tweaks as well, and these presets will take care of the work for you.
41. Black & White Lightroom Preset (Free)
This Black and White Lightroom preset was designed for RAW images but works well with the JPG format as well. It will instantly turn your color photos into black and white.
42. Contrast Noir Lightroom Preset (Free)
Black and white doesn’t have to mean boring. The Contrast Noir preset converts your images to monochrome with a lot of punch. It’s ideal to help any image make an impact, even without color.
43. B&W Berkeley Mobile & Desktop LR Presets (Free)
Not only will this preset turn your photos into black and white, but it will also give them a nice vintage effect. The preset is easy to apply and customize.
Vintage Effects Lightroom Presets
Want a vintage effect for your photo? That can be done very quickly with this selection of excellent vintage and retro presets.
44. Vintage Fade Lightroom Presets (Free)
This preset will fade the photo’s colors and apply a subtle vintage effect. It works with Lightroom 4 and above as well as with Photoshop.
45. Vintage Mobile & Desktop Lightroom Preset (Free)
This preset, called Vintage Wash, will instantly make your photos feel more retro. The preset works with Lightroom 4 and newer and supports various image formats.
46. Lavender Lomo Lightroom Preset (Free)
Recreate a Lomo look with the help of this Lightroom preset. This preset works with Lightroom 4, 5, 6, and CC versions.
47. Blondies and Brunettes Lightroom Presets (Free)
This fun collection of Lightroom presets works well with portrait photography and will apply a fun retro look to your photos.
48. Warm Retro Mobile & Desktop Preset (Free)
Similar to other Lightroom presets, this collection of presets will add a warm retro look to your photos. The collection supports Lightroom 4 and newer.
This Lightroom preset will turn your photos black and white and make them appear more vintage at the same time.
Astro & Space Photography Lightroom Presets
If you’re looking for an addon that will bring out all of the tiny little details of our universe, then these ten free Lightroom presets are what you need. They have been created explicitly for astro and long exposure photography.
How to Install & Use a Lightroom Preset
How to Install and Use a Preset for that Latest Lightroom:
- Download and unzip the preset file you want to use
- Launch Lightroom
- Navigate to Develop Module
- Hover over the + sign next to the Presets
- Select Import Presets
- Apply the preset by selecting the photo you want to edit and clicking the preset name.
How to Install and Use a Preset for Older Versions of Lightroom:
- Open Lightroom
- Go to Preferences > Presets
- Click on the box titled: Show Lightroom Presets Folder
- Double click on Lightroom
- Double click on Develop Presets
- Copy the folders of your presets into the Develop Presets folder
- Restart Lightroom
- Use the preset by selecting the photo you want to work with and clicking on the preset name
- 15 Free Cinema & Movie Lightroom Presets
- 15 Stunning Lightroom Presets for Fashion Photoshoots
- The 10 Top Free Wedding Presets for Lightroom
- 20 Stunning Lightroom Presets for Wedding Photography
- The 10 Best Free Lightroom Presets for Creating Stunning Portraits
- The 10 Best Free Lightroom Presets For Travel Photography
- 20 Fantastic Lightroom Presets for Adding Instagram Effects to Your Shots
- The 15 Best Lightroom Presets for Landscapes & Travel
- The 10 Best Free Outdoor & Landscape Lightroom Presets
- The 10 Best Free Black & White Lightroom Presets