Photo effects never get old. If you’re looking for cool Photoshop photo effect tutorials to spice up your image collection, this collection has been put together for you. There are forty fantastic tutorials to help you to become a true Photoshop rockstar!
Here, you’ll find popular tilt-shift techniques, watercolor effects, Instagram effects, Polaroid and vintage effects, and many, many more. Don’t hesitate to choose the image effect you like the best and follow it through to create truly stunning art.
1. How to Instagram Your Images Using Photoshop
Learn how to create a “Nashville” filter from Instagram in a few easy steps.
2. How To Give Your Photos a Vintage Polaroid Effect
This easy step-by-step guide will show you how to add an old vintage Polaroid style to your ordinary photos using Photoshop. Adjusting image colors and applying Photoshop brushes will convert an image to an old one in no time.
3. How to Create Cool Watercolor Effects in Photoshop
Lots of famous designers such as Bruno Fujii, Margot Mace, Raphaël of My Dead Pony, Stina Person, use watercolor effect in their illustrations and it looks fantastic. These days you don’t need watercolor paint to add this awesome effect to your image, Photoshop will help you to perform this task.
4. How to Create Instagram Filters in Photoshop
Instagram rocks, am I right? One more great tutorial on creating an Instagram filter.
5. How to Instagram Photos Quickly in Photoshop
You will be surprised how short and simple this tutorial is. It is so quick that you’ll learn how to add a vintage effect to your image in only three steps.
6. How to Add Quick Effects to Your Personal Photos
This is a beginners-to-intermediate tutorial to add a cool bokeh effect to you personal images.
7. How To Create a Movie Style Photo Effect in Photoshop
Everybody likes photo effects that are super easy to recreate. This tutorial will teach you to add a cool cinematic movie effect.
8. How to Create a Trendy Retro Photo Effect
Three really easy steps to show you how to create a retro effect. If these three steps still sound like too much effort, you can download the Photoshop action to add a retro effect to your picture with just a click.
9. How to Create a Super Cool Watercolor Effect in 10 Steps
This tutorial has ten easy steps to make a watercolor painting inspired by illustrator Scott Hansen, using Masks and Watercolor Bushes to recreate the stunning image.
10. How to Create the Tilt-Shift Effect in Photoshop
This tutorial will walk you through creation of a Tift-Shift picture.
11. How to Add Depth of Field to Your Photos
There is a Lens Blur Filter in Photoshop, it allows you to control the depth. Also, you can choose a place on the picture, where it will be applied. Still don’t know how it works? Take a look at this tutorial.
12. How to Create a Realistic Broken Glass Effect
This is an easy and quick tutorial on how to apply a realistic broken glass effect to a background image using Photoshop brushes.
13. How to Add the HDR Effect to Your Photos
In this tutorial you’ll find instructions on how to create an awesome HDR photo effect. The main goal of this lesson is to blend multiple exposures of the same scene into a single image in order to create more dynamic range than your camera is capable of.
14. How to Create Light Leaks & Lomo Effects Using Actions
In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to create lomo effects and light leaks for your photos. There is also a brief video lesson on how to install and to run actions.
15. How to Design Vintage Artwork with Old Newspaper & Watercolor Brushes
This is a step-by-step tutorial on how to design a stunning watercolor vintage artwork with an old newspaper background.
16. The Creation of “The Storm is Approaching” Artwork
17. How To Give Your Photos a Dark Processed Lomo Effect
Follow this simple guide for creating a cool dark lomo style effect with high contrasts, blue shadows and vignette burns.
18. Photographic Toning Retouch Method
This is a cool photo retouch method for making your personal photos super cool.
19. How To Give Your Photos a Cool Retro Analog Effect
Light leaks, color washes, blurs and vingetting are all common problems when processing a film. While these issues don’t affect digital cameras that much, with this tutorial you will be shown how to recreate these awesome effects.
20. How to Give Your Photos a Vintage Photo Effect
Vintage is all the fashion today. So, this guide will help you to create stunning vintage style pictures using Photoshop.
21. How to Create Hipstamatic & Instagram Style Effects With Photoshop
Sometimes video tutorials are better for understanding than the usual tuts with screenshots. A cool lesson to create some Instagram effects.
22. How to Apply a Color Effect to a Photo
Applying a color effect can totally change your image. This quick guide will show you how to add a nice cozy effect to your picture.
23. How to Enhance Detail Using Correction
Want to add an HDR-style detailed effect to your image? This tutorial will show you how.
24. How to Simulate Film Grain in an Image with Photoshop
In this quick Photoshop tutorial you’ll learn how to mimic film grain.
25. How to Convert Your Portrait Photo to Color Sketch in Photoshop
This step by step guide will show you how to convert a portrait photo into a pencil sketch. A typical sketch is normally black and white, but with this tutorial you’ll learn how to colorize the sketch with the photo’s original colors.
26. How to Recreate the Instagram Nashville Effect
With the help of this awesome tutorial you can recreate Instagram Nashville Effect. You will use different color correction adjustment layers to achieve this style.
27. How to Create the Dead Zone Blur Streaks Effect With Photoshop
In this Photoshop tutorial you’ll find out how to create an amazing motion blur-type of effect. In order to achieve it you need to colorize a photo, than select a single column of pixels and stretch it across the image to make streaks of colors.
28. How to Add a Non-Destructive Lens Flare Effect to Your Photos in Photoshop
Without making any permanent changes, with this tut, you can add a popular lens flare effect to your image.
29. How to Colorize Images with Gradients in Photoshop
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to colorize the image using custom gradients. The author of this tutorial will take you through Gradient Map image adjustments. Also, this lesson will tell you how to apply different colors to different brightness levels of an image.
30. How to Create a Dreamy Photo Effect
In this tutorial you’ll get to know how to add a magic dreamy effect to your image. Adding bokeh, flecks of sunlight and filters will turn your photo into a real masterpiece.
31. How to Create a Vintage Toy Camera Look
This video tutorial will show you how to turn your photo into a vintage styled image.
32. How to Give a Yellow Lamborghini a Paint Job
33. How to Use Photoshop to Turn Day into Dusk
Taking photos at night is not a simple task. Therefore, sometimes it’s easier to convert a daylight photo into a night one with Photoshop.
34. How to Add Partial Color Effects to Your Photos
Learn to transform a color image into black and white, then reveal the parts of an image with the help of Layer Masks.
35. How to Create the “Toaster” Instagram Effect
This is one more incredible tutorial on how to create the “Toaster” Instagram effect.
36. How to Create a Simple Lomo Photo Effect
In this article you’ll find a detailed explanation on how to use actions. Photoshop Actions are a very handy tool that can save your time and efforts.
37. How to Turn an Ordinary Photo into an Oil Painting
In this article you’ll learn to create an oil painting effect.
38. How to Create a Dragan Style Portrait Effect
Have you ever seen the works of Andrzej Gragan? His photos have high contrast and specific colors. This tutorial will teach you to mimic this awesome effect.
39. How to Give Your Photos a Glamorous Effect with Charming Make-up
Make-up changes everything. This easy guide will walk you through how to give an ordinary image a glamorous effect with the help of make-up.
40. How to Create a Chocolate Skin Effect