Playstation advertising has been described, by some circles, as being creative, effective and memorable. By others, downright controversial. In the beginning, the advertising for the original Playstation was reasonably conservative and demonstrated with ease the product they were selling, without trying to shock or mind blow anyone.
Nice and simple. With the arrival of the PS2, and perhaps realizing that the vast majority of the PS2 sales were for adults, the advertising took a downward turn into controversy, that generally angered their targeted market. The trend has continued to a lesser extent with the PS3, were perhaps Sony took heed from the feedback of the PS2 advertising and toned down their aggressive and controversial style of advertising. After all, it is just a gaming console.
Ultimately, whether you like the ads or not, every ad is very creative and in its own way effective. Below we have showcased 30 Creative and Sometimes Controversial Examples of Playstation Advertising. Scroll down to the bottom of the post and view some seriously WTF Playstation ads. Sony, what were you thinking?
You might also like to take a look at our collections of Powerful Public Awareness Print Ads, Inspiring Sony Ads, Beautiful Typography in Print Ads or Creative Lego Ads.
Advertising the Playstation 3
Advertising the Playstation 2
Advertising the PSP
Seriously Sony, WTF?
- 30 Examples of Beautiful Typography in Print Ads
- 40 Stunning Minimalist Print Ads for Your Inspiration
- 30 Powerful & Compelling Public Awareness Print Advertising
- 40 Nostalgic Examples of Vintage Print Advertising
- 12 Stunning Abstract Business Card Designs for Inspiration
- The 30 Most Inspiring & Creative Resume Designs Ever
- 10 Stunning Business Cards with Simple Geometric Designs
- The Usability of Resume Design
- 40 Elegant Wine Label Design Examples for Inspiration
- 25 Beautifully Designed Examples of Brand Presentation