Conceptual art is an art form that tends to give more importance to the idea or meaning being expressed by a masterpiece rather than focusing on the product itself. It somehow gives a deeper realization and life to the artwork without having to look at it as it is.
According to Sol LeWitt’s definition of this art, he said, "In conceptual art the idea or concept is the most important aspect of the work. When an artist uses a conceptual form of art, it means that all of the planning and decisions are made beforehand and the execution is a perfunctory affair. The idea becomes a machine that makes the art." Sol Lewitt is considered as one of the brilliant American artists who gave meaning and life to conceptual work letting people view this avenue in a whole new perspective.
By working on this art form, your idea is always the concern and root of your actions or style in expressing yourself. Whether you are creating a painting, sculpture, or graphic design, the concept behind it must always be reflected and strengthened.
To give you an idea on how impressive and imaginative this art can be, here are 20 creative sample artworks:
The Complete Toolbox for Designers
Unlimited Downloads: 500,000+ Print & Web Templates, Actions, Brushes, Mockups & Much More!
Conceptual Art Examples
Making your own masterpiece using conceptual art can help you hone your skills in building imaginative and surreal ideas. Let your creative juices flow and you might just create an artwork that will also be recognized and admired by many, who have found purpose through this art form.
- The Beauty of Colorful Shapes in Brand Identity
- Exploring the Simple Beauty of Business Cards with Geometric Designs
- The Design Essentials of a Modern Business Flyer
- Beautiful Corporate Identities for Your Inspiration
- 40 Truly Creative Examples of Billboard Design
- 30 Stunning Flyer Designs for Inspiration
- 30 Stunning Hyper-Realistic Pencil Drawings
- 7 Amazing Papercraft Sculpture Artists