These days, part of doing business on the web is ensuring that you comply with local, national, and international law. While laws can vary from place to place and by what type of website you’re running, WordPress plugins help you with those responsibilities.
While nothing here should be substituted for actual legal advice (if you have questions, ask someone whose job it is to know the answers), here’s a list of plugins to help with compliance issues, broken down by category.
- Coming Soon WordPress Plugins
- Comment Management WordPress Plugins
- Content Creation WordPress Plugins
- Google Map WordPress Plugins
- GDPR Compliance WordPress Plugins
- Media Library WordPress Plugins
- Optimize & Speed WordPress Plugins
- Related Post WordPress Plugins
- Security WordPress Plugins
- SEO WordPress Plugins
- Syntax Highlighter WordPress Plugins
- Social Media Integration WordPress Plugins
- Website Accessibility WordPress Plugins
- Website Backup WordPress Plugins
- Website Translation WordPress Plugins
- Widget WordPress Plugins
EU Cookie Law WordPress Plugins
Cookie Law Info will create a customizable banner to inform visitors of your cookie policies. The banner can be automatically removed after a few seconds or you can require the user to accept your terms manually.
Setup is simple – enter your business name and select which documents you want to generate. A cookie consent bar is also included. The pro version ups the ante with guided wizards, age verification, and popups.
EU VAT WordPress Plugins
Those running WooCommerce can take the pain out of VAT with WooCommerce EU VAT Compliance. It will record a customer’s location, show VAT calculations in the backend and automatically add VAT to product pricing. You can even block out EU customers if you’d rather not collect VAT at all.
EDD Quaderno helps to make Easy Digital Downloads shops compliant with VAT and the intricacies of other locales. It will also create improved versions of the standard EDD receipts. To use the plugin, you’ll need a Quaderno account.
Age Verification WordPress Plugins
Age Gate is a highly-configurable plugin for restricting age-based content. Select the minimum age along with the content you want to protect, and underage users will be locked out.
Choose from a variety of user input methods (dropdown, text field, or yes/no buttons) and customize the look of the UI to match your website. The plugin is also SEO-friendly and won’t try to restrict common search bots.
Make age verification simple with Easy Age Verify. The plugin offers turnkey settings based on different types of website content. It’s also built with accessibility and SEO in mind. The pro version is fully customizable, with the ability to match your site’s look.
Digital Signature WordPress Plugins
Adding a signature field to your Contact Form 7 forms is just a click away. Once you’ve installed and activated CF7Sign, a “Sign” field will be added to your forms’ options. There’s not much room for customization here, but it’s a dead-simple solution.
Keeping it Legal
Granted, it can be a bit of a hassle to keep track of compliance issues. But that doesn’t make it any less vital to do so. WordPress plugins are there to make the task a bit easier – even automating the process in some cases.
So, there’s no excuse for slacking! Take some time to learn your responsibilities as a website owner and use the handy plugins above to help you manage. Obviously, using these plugins alone won’t make you compliant – but they will help set you on the right path.
- 10 Free Plugins to Help Improve WordPress Content Creation
- 10 Super-Useful Free WordPress Widget Plugins
- 10 Free WordPress Plugins for Adding & Extending Google Maps
- 10 Totally Free WordPress Backup Plugins
- 8 WordPress Plugins for Translating Your Website
- 10 Free Plugins for Taming the WordPress Media Library
- 8 Powerful Plugins for Integrating Social Media into WordPress
- 10 Free Plugins to Supercharge WordPress Comments
- The 10 Best Free Security Plugins for WordPress
- The 8 Best Related Post Plugins For WordPress