Despite everything that could go wrong with embedded video, if a picture is worth a thousand words, video is worth a thousand pictures.
There are many web pages where video does go right. But rarely does it have the impact it can gain through flawless integration with the other elements, as part of a page’s background. When done right, video as a background can be downright jaw dropping. To illustrate our point, take a look at these examples.
Battle of the Cheetos
I Surf Because
Sick City Club
The Meta Project
- Using ‘Spotty’ Backgrounds in Web Design to Grab Attention
- 50 Examples of Large Image Backgrounds in Web Design
- Using Images to Enhance the CSS Hover Effect
- Attack of the Blob-Based Animated Backgrounds in Web Design
- Out of the Way: Corner Navigation in Web Design
- 10 Beautiful Examples of Illustration in Web Design
- The Beauty of Ultra-Minimal Web Design
- How Close-Up Portraits Bring Humanity to Web Design