You don’t need to be a good driver to love concept cars; in fact you don’t even need to be a driver at all to love them. They are all around us and from a young age we have been drawn to them. From small doodles sketched at the back of our school exercise books to great big paintings of cars as toddlers. It’s easy to see that we have always been inspired by the art of concept cars.
As the years have gone by modern technology has become more innovative allowing designers to create advanced car capabilities, consumer product developments and other features needed in concept car design. This process involves a suite of software, imaginative thinking and creativity.
Multiple designs are created to show all sides of the cars interior and exterior. Every angle must be illustrated; this is to avoid any bugs during the later rendering process. There are many programs out there used to create concept car sketches, creative professionals use tools from Autodesk Alias, Computer aided design (CAD) and Adobe Photoshop.
There is no guarantee of manufacturing a concept car design; most are usually deemed as not road worthy, but the creativity and skill exposed amplifies how talented car designers are. Their imaginative, futuristic concepts wow audiences all around the world and give us a glimpse in to the future.
Every good idea begins on paper so we have handpicked an innovative selection of concept car sketches for your design inspiration:
Pagani Titan Concept
Audi R Zero Concept
Honda EV STER Concept
Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR Concept
Mazda Furai Concept
BMW Mille Miglia Concept
Lamborghini SPIGA Concept
Hyundai Genesis Coupe Concept
Jaguar C-X16 Concept
BMW i8 Spyder Concept
Bentley EXP 9 F Concept
Aston Martin PT220609 Concept
Porsche’s Sport Turismo Concept
Audi Shark Flying Concept
Mercedes Benz CLS Concept
Toyota FT-HS Concept
MG Midget Car Concept
- How a Designer Might Create Timeless Designs
- The Idea Generation Process of Scribbling on a Napkin
- How to Handle Indescribable Uniqueness in Design
- Taking Inspiration from the Humble Shopping Cart
- How to Handle Losing Your Motivation as a Designer
- The Role Design Plays in Your Client’s Sales Funnel
- How to Get Those Creative Juices Flowing Again
- The Importance of Storytelling in Design
- How to Let Go of That Failing Creative Idea
- How Simple, Classic Design Should Work