As an ongoing project, graphic designer Mike Joyce has created a huge 250+ poster series that pulls from his passion for punk music and Swiss modernism. For the series he redesigns vintage punk, new wave and indie music posters into typographical masterpieces, using lowercase Berthold Akzidenz-Grotesk Medium, and not, as he emphasizes, Helvetica.
The poster collection is called Swissted.
The Complete Toolbox for Designers
Unlimited Downloads: 500,000+ Print & Web Templates, Actions, Brushes, Mockups & Much More!
The Swissted Poster Series
Joy Division at the Electric Ballroom (1979)
The Stone Roses at the Norwich Arts Centre (1989)
10,000 Maniacs at the Greek Theatre, (1989)
Velocity Girl at the Tavern (1994)
Refused at the P.W.A.C. (1996)
Radiohead at the Warfield (1997)
Foo Fighters at Salem Armory (1996)
Dead Boys at the Starwood (1977)
Red Hot Chili Peppers at Fender’s (1985)
Beastie Boys at Fascination Station (1983)
- Musical Poster Designs – The Old, the New, the Good and the Bad
- Raposters – A Classic Rap Music Poster Every Day for 100 Days
- 20 Visually Stunning Music Videos from Japan
- 30 Classic Music Albums Recreated With Lego
- 10 Beautifully Designed, Minimal & Name-Centric Business Cards
- The Beauty of Colorful Shapes in Brand Identity
- Exploring the Simple Beauty of Business Cards with Geometric Designs
- The Design Essentials of a Modern Business Flyer