As an ongoing project, graphic designer Mike Joyce has created a huge 250+ poster series that pulls from his passion for punk music and Swiss modernism. For the series he redesigns vintage punk, new wave and indie music posters into typographical masterpieces, using lowercase Berthold Akzidenz-Grotesk Medium, and not, as he emphasizes, Helvetica.
The poster collection is called Swissted.
If you liked this poster series, you will also like these: Swiss Style Poster Series and The Geometric Movie Poster Series.
The Swissted Poster Series
Joy Division at the Electric Ballroom (1979)
The Stone Roses at the Norwich Arts Centre (1989)
10,000 Maniacs at the Greek Theatre, (1989)
Velocity Girl at the Tavern (1994)
Refused at the P.W.A.C. (1996)
Radiohead at the Warfield (1997)
Foo Fighters at Salem Armory (1996)
Dead Boys at the Starwood (1977)
Red Hot Chili Peppers at Fender’s (1985)
Beastie Boys at Fascination Station (1983)
- Musical Poster Designs – The Old, the New, the Good and the Bad
- Raposters – A Classic Rap Music Poster Every Day for 100 Days
- 20 Visually Stunning Music Videos from Japan
- 30 Classic Music Albums Recreated With Lego
- The 30 Most Inspiring & Creative Resume Designs Ever
- 10 Stunning Business Cards with Simple Geometric Designs
- 12 Stunning Abstract Business Card Designs for Inspiration
- The Usability of Resume Design
- 40 Elegant Wine Label Design Examples for Inspiration
- 25 Beautifully Designed Examples of Brand Presentation