As a tribute to her highly quotable and clearly passionate boss, visual designer Lauren Nielsen has created a series of Swiss-styled posters to immortalize the many memorable one-liners he has uttered at their regular Monday morning meetings.
We’ve all experienced many different types managers, some good, some bad, but not many will have been as inspirational as Lauren’s. We think he’s terrific!
“With each poster I wanted to be very strict in designing to my grid, use colors and geometry to speak to the text and still push typographical treatments” – Lauren Nielsen.
Remember folks, ‘make it beautiful!‘
“Design is not a job – it is a mission”.
“Don’t reinvent the wheel. Take the wheel and use it.”
“Make it beautiful.”
“This shouldn’t look like a credit card statement. It should look like a Swiss poster.”
“Typography is always relevant. It’s elemental. It’s like – earth, wind, fire, typography”.
“Vanilla ice cream. This direction kind of feels like four scoops of vanilla ice cream.”
“We must design aspirationally in order to move forward.”
“We’re not constructing a new building, we’re just upgrading the furniture.”
- 30 Beautifully Designed Minimal Movie Posters
- 20 Beautifully Minimalist Music Posters
- 40 Creative Pictogram Recreations of Popular Movie Posters
- Fantastic Movie Posters with Simple Geometric Layouts
- 30 Political Propaganda Posters from Modern History
- Humorous Puns Illustrated Posters for Designers
- 50 of the Hottest Nightclub Poster Designs
- An Illustrated Poster Series of the Most Iconic Cars from TV and Movies
- Star Warhols Posters – Combining Star Wars with the Art of Andy Warhol
- Humorous Collection of Uninspiring Quote Posters