Ted Grant has rightly said that “when you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!”
Keeping this quote in mind, the mysterious black & white noir superhero series by Marko Manev has captured our hearts. By draining out colors and adding some glorious vintage noir effects to famous superheroes, Marko has attempted to reveal the true essence of these individuals.
The quality of his posters have proved to be rather more effective in portraying each superhero’s strength and powers as compared to traditional colored illustrations. Take a look at Superman’s poster (if you’re able to spot it), just by adding a little diagonal motion blur, Marko has managed to bring out the true intrinsic nature of Superman’s flying powers. The Superman poster leads the race for me, what do you guys think?
The Noir Superhero Series by Marko Manev
- 30 Beautifully Designed Minimal Movie Posters
- 20 Beautifully Minimalist Music Posters
- 40 Creative Pictogram Recreations of Popular Movie Posters
- Fantastic Movie Posters with Simple Geometric Layouts
- 30 Political Propaganda Posters from Modern History
- Humorous Puns Illustrated Posters for Designers
- 50 of the Hottest Nightclub Poster Designs
- An Illustrated Poster Series of the Most Iconic Cars from TV and Movies
- Star Warhols Posters – Combining Star Wars with the Art of Andy Warhol
- Humorous Collection of Uninspiring Quote Posters