Ted Grant has rightly said that “when you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!”
Keeping this quote in mind, the mysterious black & white noir superhero series by Marko Manev has captured our hearts. By draining out colors and adding some glorious vintage noir effects to famous superheroes, Marko has attempted to reveal the true essence of these individuals.
The quality of his posters has proved to be rather more effective in portraying each superhero’s strength and powers as compared to traditional colored illustrations. Take a look at Superman’s poster (if you’re able to spot it), just by adding a little diagonal motion blur, Marko has managed to bring out the true intrinsic nature of Superman’s flying powers. The Superman poster leads the race for me, what do you guys think?
The Complete Toolbox for Designers
Unlimited Downloads: 500,000+ Print & Web Templates, Actions, Brushes, Mockups & Much More!
The Noir Superhero Series by Marko Manev
- 40 Creative Pictogram Recreations of Popular Movie Posters
- 50 of the Hottest Nightclub Poster Designs
- 40 Beautifully Designed Minimal Movie Posters
- Fantastic Movie Posters with Simple Geometric Layouts
- 20 Beautifully Minimalist Music Posters
- 30 Political Propaganda Posters from Modern History
- Star Warhols Posters – Combining Star Wars with the Art of Andy Warhol
- Humorous Collection of Uninspiring Quote Posters