Photo manipulation has been widely used to add an extra bit of creativity into photographs. Although it’s not widely popular among traditional photographers. But when done correctly, photo manipulation can give a whole new life to an old photograph.
We recently came across the work of a French artist and photographer who has manipulated his self-portraits quite brilliantly. Sebastien del Grosso has cleverly used his drawing and sketching skills to manipulate and truly create some stunning portraits.
Sebastien defines this project in his own words, ‘Since my childhood, drawing has always been a passion, but when I discovered photography, I thought that the combination of these two passions could afford to give free rein to my imagination. In this series “The sketch of a life“, I wanted to illustrate the major stages of my life, like my sketches had given birth to reality’.
This creative project opens some new lines for photographers who are looking to diversify their photography cookbook with some new ingredients. Take a look at Sebastien’s work and let us know what you think.
- The 10 Best Newsletters for Photographers
- 20 Fine Examples of Backlit Photography
- Breathtaking Photography: Shooting in the Golden Hour
- 25 Stunning Examples of Super Macro Photography
- 30 Stunning Examples of Still Life Photography
- 20 Stunning Examples of Food Photography & Tips for Effective Shooting
- 30 Perfectly Captured Examples of Candid Photography
- 10 Intriguing Examples of Levitation Photography